The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Olli Juolevi | #48 | D

b3.

Just now, rekker said:

D AND shooting coach. Lol. 

its personal preference too, Salo and Ohlund are my two favourite Canucks. Hopefully Salo's work ethic is rubbing off on OJ. Not that I've heard any concerns over that. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its personal preference too, Salo and Ohlund are my two favourite Canucks. Hopefully Salo's work ethic is rubbing off on OJ. Not that I've heard any concerns over that. 

Yes. Ohlund would be my favourite all time Canuck D. His battles with Iginla made for great entertainment. Both Salo and Ohlund were underrated throughout the media. But it you asked the players that had to face them night after night they would speak highly of their talents for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

And TPS wins 4-3 in OT and leads their series 1-0.

Juoevi played 27 minutes, scored a goal, and finished +2.

Should be noted as well that Juolevi was the high minute playing Left defender, Played 2 min more than Tallinder who is usually their top minute guy. 2 Other defenseman played more than him but they are listed as RHD and  it looks to be because there is a weak link on the right side that didn't play much.  

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Should be noted as well that Juolevi was the high minute playing Left defender, Played 2 min more than Tallinder who is usually their top minute guy. 2 Other defenseman played more than him but they are listed as RHD and  it looks to be because there is a weak link on the right side that didn't play much.  

I wonder if it’s more or less taxing to play big minutes on Euro or NA ice?  I’m thinking Olli playing 27 minutes in a playoff game is a really good sign.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if it’s more or less taxing to play big minutes on Euro or NA ice?  I’m thinking Olli playing 27 minutes in a playoff game is a really good sign.

They played 18 minutes of overtime so all the minutes are inflated.  Being the top minutes LHD is a really good sign though

http://liiga.fi/ottelut/2017-2018/playoffs/458/tilastot/

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He looked sooooo calm today throughout the game.   Was quite physical as well.   Very nice to see him getting that much confidence from the coaches shown.

What did Tallinder do?  I'm just looking at the box score and he had 14min of penalties.  Was wondering how Juolevi ended up with more minutes that him, usually he's TPS's high minute man

1 minute ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

What did Tallinder do?  I'm just looking at the box score and he had 14min of penalties.  Was wondering how Juolevi ended up with more minutes that him, usually he's TPS's high minute man

Tallinder didn't seem quick today - his penalties were lazy.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ihatetomatoes said:

Just saw box score said he got 2 and a 10 early in the game for "a criminal offense".  He go full Bertuzzi out there or something? Maybe you missed it. 

Hit to the head = criminal offense.   It is a translation thing.   He took a lazy holding penalty later but the hit to the head was from him being out of position.    It simply wasn't his game.

6 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

And TPS wins 4-3 in OT and leads their series 1-0.

Juoevi played 27 minutes, scored a goal, and finished +2.

Lol and those you who doubt him Lol.  come on 27 freaking minutes.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Lol and those you who doubt him Lol.  come on 27 freaking minutes.

His team wins...he scores...he’s a plus 2...and he plays 27 minutes.

What quiet Swede Dman does that remind you of?  Can you say Nic Lidstrom?  I knew you could. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

His team wins...he scores...he’s a plus 2...and he plays 27 minutes.

What quiet Swede Dman does that remind you of?  Can you say Nic Lidstrom?  I knew you could. :rolleyes:

Lol Alf, his first name is Olli, that ain’t Swedish. He’s a dirty Fin like Salo!

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Haha 1