The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I know I am going to get flamed for this but it looks like post concussion symptoms or a substance abuse problem.  He just looks like a totally different person off the ice if you look at photos of him with Dallas and Boston. 

Well, he is getting older. He was in his early and mid 20s in Dallas and late 20s in Boston. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I know I am going to get flamed for this but it looks like post concussion symptoms or a substance abuse problem.  He just looks like a totally different person off the ice if you look at photos of him with Dallas and Boston. 

I'm thinking Loui has just really acclimated himself to the local culture, possibly in ways that Nikita wouldn't approve of.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'm thinking Loui has just really acclimated himself to the local culture, possibly in ways that Nikita wouldn't approve of.

I think it's all off ice related but not like Nikita... Nikita still performed well on the ice. He was just too young to transition from home to living somewhere completely different. 

Loui has lived in North America for many years already and shouldn't have much problems. There's no way he prefers living in Dallas or that garbage dumpster of a city Boston over Vancouver. Especially when we've surrounded him with Swedes... much better weather, much more advanced organization (thanks MG/Aquaman), much better city...

I doubt his disapproval of the city smelling like weed would affect his game play. He's very rich even to Vancouver standards and I'm sure he's living in a better part than Nikita was. 

It's incredible how he flip flops from being amazing for a few weeks to absolutely terrible for a few weeks. 

It has to be mental readiness... something off ice. Needs a sports psych. Or someone to talk to.

17 hours ago, apollo said:

It's incredible how he flip flops from being amazing for a few weeks to absolutely terrible for a few weeks. 

It has to be mental readiness... something off ice. Needs a sports psych. Or someone to talk to.

Or he's always been a complimentary player that needs a good (and healthy) roster around him to perform.

I'm by no means a fan of the signing but even a blind eedjit could see he played well when we were mostly healthy and playing well, as a complimentary piece.

When we haven't been good/healthy (last year and the last 1.5 months) he has very little to 'compliment'.

Edited by aGENT

19 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Well, he is getting older. He was in his early and mid 20s in Dallas and late 20s in Boston. 

18 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Blunt's sig says it all lol. 

18 hours ago, apollo said:

When was this lol?  A lot of athletes seem to lose that edge after they get a big payday, maybe that's his problem.  Lost the hunger to be an elite player, should trade him to Toronto they always have creative ways of burying players.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

When was this lol?  A lot of athletes seem to lose that edge after they get a big payday, maybe that's his problem.  Lost the hunger to be an elite player, should trade him to Toronto they always have creative ways of burying players.

In the second half of November, Eriksson had 10 points in 9 games and was playing very well. He's obviously unfortunately fallen off again since then.

39 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Blunt's sig says it all lol. 

He's had really good stretches. There was a stretch right after injury that he got 9 points in 10 games I believe. He was fired up those games... heavy PK, heavy stick checks... scintillating rushes... it was great. 

Even at start of the season before getting injured he was good.

Now he looks slow and disinterested... which IMO comes from off ice issues. He's got the skill set and talent.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Or he's always been a complimentary player that needs a good (and healthy) roster around him to perform.

I'm by no means a fan of the signing but even a blind eedjit could see he played well when we were mostly healthy and playing well, as a complimentary piece.

When we haven't been good/healthy (last year and the last 1.5 months) he has very little to 'compliment'.

Hmmm that's a solid argument. You might be right... his good streaks were always when the team was healthy. 

I need to switch up my sig lol ... no time to make a new one rn

19 hours ago, apollo said:

I think it's all off ice related but not like Nikita... Nikita still performed well on the ice. He was just too young to transition from home to living somewhere completely different. 

Loui has lived in North America for many years already and shouldn't have much problems. There's no way he prefers living in Dallas or that garbage dumpster of a city Boston over Vancouver. Especially when we've surrounded him with Swedes... much better weather, much more advanced organization (thanks MG/Aquaman), much better city...

I doubt his disapproval of the city smelling like weed would affect his game play. He's very rich even to Vancouver standards and I'm sure he's living in a better part than Nikita was. 

please talk to him

he needs to be infected by your "optimism regarding the canucks" virus

he is missing that element

and i'm actually serious about that quality of yours

you are a tireless fan 

and he seems a wee bit tired

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

please talk to him

he needs to be infected by your "optimism regarding the canucks" virus

he is missing that element

and i'm actually serious about that quality of yours

you are a tireless fan 

and he seems a wee bit tired

I'd kill to have a job on the team ... Player Relations or something with proper pay... I genuinely think I could help the team in certain ways. 

I've built some relationships... gotta keep working on it and get employed by the team one day. I've realized in life you have to follow your passion to be happy and there's nothing I'm more passionate about than Hockey and more importantly this team.

• Upvote 1

And his contract is virtually buyout-proof.:angry:

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, apollo said:

I'd kill to have a job on the team ... Player Relations or something with proper pay... I genuinely think I could help the team in certain ways. 

I've built some relationships... gotta keep working on it and get employed by the team one day. I've realized in life you have to follow your passion to be happy and there's nothing I'm more passionate about than Hockey and more importantly this team.

Well the BC Lions had a  radio ad looking for jobs.  Great way to get your foot in the door in the local sports industry.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Swedes play better, team wins.  Shows they still have important roles to play, especially as veteran leaders.

If I could resign Vanek for only two seasons I would keep him and not resign the Twins and find some way of cutting LE loose. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/21/2018 at 7:53 PM, boomer29 said:

Anyway way we can send him to Utica for a couple of weeks of shock therapy? Allowed in his contract? Would he have to go through waivers? (no one would claim him cuz of his contract  6$$$$$)

1.   No, it isn't allowed in his contract, though it will be next season.

2.  Yes he'd need to go through waivers, and nobody would put in a claim to acquire that contract.

• Upvote 1

Maybe Loui is a victim of our lack of Center ice talent?

It's obvious that he plays his best with talented Centers.

Maybe Loui can be the guy to mentor Petterson into his Center ice role with the Big club.

Considering Loi's contract, it's pretty much a lock that he'll have his opportunity.

2 hours ago, reyezone said:

Maybe Loui is a victim of our lack of Center ice talent?

On 09/01/2018 at 9:22 AM, aGENT said:

Largely the case IMO. He's a complimentary player who requires a play driver to have success. We presently lack those past Horvat and Boeser. So if we want Eriksson playing further down the lineup...

On a good note, that should improve as guys like Pettersson and Gaudette arrive. 

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1