The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

1 hour ago, Tyndall2 said:

I would like to see him sitting in the pressbox for a few games.  Let ANYONE else play 12 minutes a game.  Can't be any worse.

I don't get the hate for LE. Sure, he hasn't delivered offensively and probably won't, but he's an elite defensive forward who never takes a shift off. Ever.

Him, Motte and Beagle not only play an important shutdown role, but also gives the rest of the team a good example to follow with constant effort. That's important on a young team.

3 minutes ago, J-P said:

I don't get the hate for LE. Sure, he hasn't delivered offensively and probably won't, but he's an elite defensive forward who never takes a shift off. Ever.

Him, Motte and Beagle not only play an important shutdown role, but also gives the rest of the team a good example to follow with constant effort. That's important on a young team.

LE is not a good defensive forward any more.  He plays too soft.  He falls a lot, and is slug slow.  He is the one guy I'd take out, and put Gaunce in for.  Gaunce is now a better player than LE.  The only reason LE continues to play is JB will not call the owner and say LE must go, like he did with Gagner.  However, LE must go!  No hands, no legs, and no muscle left.  The guy is done.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

LE is not a good defensive forward any more.  He plays too soft.  He falls a lot, and is slug slow.  He is the one guy I'd take out, and put Gaunce in for.  Gaunce is now a better player than LE.  The only reason LE continues to play is JB will not call the owner and say LE must go, like he did with Gagner.  However, LE must go!  No hands, no legs, and no muscle left.  The guy is done.  

I had no problem defending Loui over the last 2 1/4 seasons, but I have to agree with you a bit on this, even his play away from the puck has declined over the last number of weeks. Maybe he knows he's going to be either traded or demoted to Utica for next year, that could be very de-motivating for anyone. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I had no problem defending Loui over the last 2 1/4 seasons, but I have to agree with you a bit on this, even his play away from the puck has declined over the last number of weeks. Maybe he knows he's going to be either traded or demoted to Utica for next year, that could be very de-motivating for anyone. 

I think LE is trying 100%, but he's just not got it any more.  Every one gets older, and he's there now.  He will always give 100%.  That's what guys like him do.  But because of his drop in skills, he looks really (unfortunately) like he's not trying.  It's sad really. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think LE is trying 100%, but he's just not got it any more.  Every one gets older, and he's there now.  He will always give 100%.  That's what guys like him do.  But because of his drop in skills, he looks really (unfortunately) like he's not trying.  It's sad really. 

I think some of that is trying to cheat with good positioning and he's not running around looking like he's doing something. I'm sure there are still Emerson Etem fans on CDC somewhere..... 

He is really skinny this year too, I wonder if he's tried to trim down to be able to keep up? I dunno. But I don't think we'll see much of him, if anything, next season. Uitca or traded imo. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think some of that is trying to cheat with good positioning and he's not running around looking like he's doing something. I'm sure there are still Emerson Etem fans on CDC somewhere..... 

He is really skinny this year too, I wonder if he's tried to trim down to be able to keep up? I dunno. But I don't think we'll see much of him, if anything, next season. Uitca or traded imo. 

He'll be in Vancouver or traded. He won't be in Utica or any AHL team. No team will bury $5mill in the AHL. 

2 hours ago, J-P said:

Sorry. You lost me at using the word "elite" to describe anything Lu does. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

He'll be in Vancouver or traded. He won't be in Utica or any AHL team. No team will bury $5mill in the AHL. 

I'm not so sure. People who like the idea of playing hardball with trades would do it, particularly if he doesn't waive for any other team that will take him. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not so sure. People who like the idea of playing hardball with trades would do it, particularly if he doesn't waive for any other team that will take him. 

He doesn't have a full ntc he can submit a 15 team no trade list. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

Yeah I feel like Francesco wouldn't be too happy if he was paying Loui that money to play in the AHL.

If it was the final year of his deal maybe, with 2 years left you kill any trade value and piss off the owner. Dumb move imo. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Personally I wouldn't say 100%, he does try hard for the most part, more-so defensively, but I do think his effort waivers at times.

I agree with Jimmy McG saying he's trying to cheat for the defensive side. But he needs to work harder getting to pucks IMO. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Agreed. They need to try as hard as they can to move him in the offseason. And hopefully we don't have to give up alot as a sweetener. I

I think jumping on Ottawa would be a good start they're well under the cap floor and Melnyk would love to not pay a ton of cash to get there. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I think jumping on Ottawa would be a good start they're well under the cap floor and Melnyk would love to not pay a ton of cash to get there. 

thats the best fit imo. He just might need some encouragement to go. Normally I not a big fan of hardball tactics, but he's really the only player that can cause us a cap issue in 2 years. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

His contract is mainly signing bonuses. Actual salary is $1mil for two years. Retained salary maximum is 50% of salary, so $500k. As with most things, I'm fairly sure this is how it works, but not 100% sure :)

Oh so basically we can only retain 500k because the majority of his money is bonus? Man that's rough. I thought it's been a bit more recent with the signing bonuses so I didn't realize that was the case.