The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Sbisa for Yakupov

I know Benning made comments that suggest he wants a rugged scoring winger, but how many of them are really out there that we wouldn't have to overpay for? 

What we really need is secondary scoring. I think Nail Yakupov is very talented, and given the right coaching and development could turn into a "real good" player for us. 

His value is at an all time low right now. It was rumoured that Edmonton was shopping him at the Trade Deadline for a 2nd Round Pick, although many analysts have said they believe his actual value is around a 3rd Round Pick. 

Right now we are deep in the Defensive position and could stand to lose Sbisa to make room for Tryamkin/Larsen on the 3rd pairing. 

My Proposal:

To Vancouver

Nail Yakupov 

To Edmonton 

Luca Sbisa 

I think Edmonton would do this to shore up their defensive depth, while at the same time providing Vancouver with the secondary scoring depth we need. 

Our lineup could be something like... 

Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen

Yakupov-Horvat-Rodin/Virtanen

Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

Etem

Edler-Tanev

Hutton-Gudbranson

Tryamkin-Larsen

Pedan

Miller

Markstrom 

Thoughts? 

3 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I know Benning made comments that suggest he wants a rugged scoring winger, but how many of them are really out there that we wouldn't have to overpay for? 

What we really need is secondary scoring. I think Nail Yakupov is very talented, and given the right coaching and development could turn into a "real good" player for us. 

His value is at an all time low right now. It was rumoured that Edmonton was shopping him at the Trade Deadline for a 2nd Round Pick, although many analysts have said they believe his actual value is around a 3rd Round Pick. 

Right now we are deep in the Defensive position and could stand to lose Sbisa to make room for Tryamkin/Larsen on the 3rd pairing. 

My Proposal:

To Vancouver

Nail Yakupov 

To Edmonton 

Luca Sbisa 

I think Edmonton would do this to shore up their defensive depth, while at the same time providing Vancouver with the secondary scoring depth we need. 

Thoughts? 

we overpay

With that being said I don't want Yak near our team except if he is on the other team. 

Just now, milk and honey said:

we overpay

With that being said I don't want Yak near our team except if he is on the other team. 

I don't think it's an overpayment. IMO, both Sbisa and Yakupov's value is no more than a 2nd Round Pick. Therefore they are equal value. 

Can you expand on your opinion of not wanting him in the dressing room? I haven't heard of any negative issues regarding his attitude. 

4 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I swear to God I've seen this proposal somewhere on CDC already.

I think it would be a fair trade.  But if we were going to do this, we would have been better off re-signing Hammer.

I searched first but couldn't find anything similar. I apologize if it is redundant. 

I actually proposed this on the Yakupov is worth a 3rd thread in trade rumours.

It isn't actually a terrible idea.  The guy is young, has all the skill in the world.  What we see is he starts to find his groove and makes a mental error or his line mates mess up because they cannot keep up to him  and it ends badly, he gets browbeaten and then plays like a kid with literally 0 confidence the next 10 games.  Every misstep sees him punished .

This is a kid worth the risk and we get a little bit of cap space in the process.  A kid with his skill and a grudge to bear with something to prove 

Ya...

The feeling is that the Oilers will stay pat.  Apparently Demers was only a backup plan if they couldn't get Larsson.  Rishaug thinks they still need a PP guy but that they won't make any further moves on D unless they can somehow get Barrie.

I doubt Chiarelli would trade Yak within the division.

He has the potential to turn his career around and haunt them for years.

As a 1 for 1 trade it is actually pretty fair value though.

Like it was mentioned I think the Oilers have enough sandpaper and want a guy to run their power play. In regards to Canucks with Eriksson and Rodin we are looking to get more sandpaper up front. So I believe in that respect JB is looking for a Brouwer type guy on a cheaper contract. 

Kane does fit the mold but he needs to sort out his legal issues first and I don't believe Buffalo is actually gonna give him away at this moment. A guy I actually like on Buffalo is Marcus Foligno. He's an RFA. Not sure Buffalo wants to part with him but if they have issues signing him he'd be a guy I would chase. 6'3", hard nosed, can scrap and of course has the name factor. I could see him as a 15 goal scorer with Horvat. 

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

I swear to God I've seen this proposal somewhere on CDC already.

I think it would be a fair trade.  But if we were going to do this, we would have been better off re-signing Hammer.

You've definitely seen it before I suggested it about a month ago and got crucified for the suggestion. Now people are saying it's an overpayment lol

Archived