The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Johnny Gaudreau seeking $8M annually on new deal with Flames

18 hours ago, oldnews said:

Gaudreau is no more valuable than either of those team-mates - and has played two whole NHL seasons.

He should come in at a similar cap hit to his captain and Monahan - both of whom are far more complete players than he is.

I disagree... He's way better than gio ;)

In all seriousness, if he wants a pay day that big, he should prove it with a bridge deal   

4 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

He's worth it. Pay up Flames!

Maybe Burke will drive Goudreau to the airport, and put him on a plane to the CANUCKS?   ::D

i hate the Lames, but that kid is worth watching.  Even though I do cheer for him to get knocked on his A$$.

16 hours ago, ice orca said:

Pedan might not make out of the press box or the AHL. Lot's of guys have tried to hit that kid but very few do, he seems to have 360 vision.

in playoffs if i was a coach any time he touched puck my players would crank him  hed last a game or two hes 157 pounds   target him and hes done  no more getting scored on ten times a yr  pedan will be our 7th d this yr hes waiver elligible  its play or trade 

3 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

in playoffs if i was a coach any time he touched puck my players would crank him  hed last a game or two hes 157 pounds   target him and hes done  no more getting scored on ten times a yr  pedan will be our 7th d this yr hes waiver elligible  its play or trade 

Even when he doesn't have the puck, get a body on him.  Not enough to get a penalty, but force him to earn every inch of ice.  Make him skate through bodies to get anywhere.  

15 minutes ago, tas said:

lots of jealous canucks fans wishing that they had a just-turned-23 year old superstar that's in a position to request $8 mil a year (and another almost-22 year old earning $6.375).

You know what the best part about this is? They don't want to rebuild to go get such a superstar... JB will steal him in the 4th round right?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Burke will drive Goudreau to the airport, and put him on a plane to the CANUCKS?   ::D

i hate the Lames, but that kid is worth watching.  Even though I do cheer for him to get knocked on his A$$.

Perfectly put! Exactly how I feel. 

7 hours ago, Stelar said:

Are you bitter much? Maybe when you become an NHL player you can decide how much you want to make. In the mean time, join the rest of us in the real world....

Bitter. No. lol

I would just take a haircut to win a cup.  I'd take a 7mill cap hit as stammer too secure a cup chance!  Negotiation for trade options of 1-2 or 3 teams if things don't pan out.  Just greed kills teams chances. Look at Ernhoff. We would of been in a better position to take another run if he didn't ask for the world.  

5 hours ago, Aircool said:

You know what the best part about this is? They don't want to rebuild to go get such a superstar... JB will steal him in the 4th round right?

The 4th round was where Gaudreau was drafted no? So only Calgary can find potential superstars in the 4th round? Or only Gaudreau will break out as a 4th round pick turned star? Didn't Calgary finish second in their division the year Gaudreau was drafted? Good thing they tanked that year.

22 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Wow. With that kind of money, Gadreau would be able to hire a hitman to take out Gargamel, no question. 

bahaha.  that was a good line......it took me about 3 seconds to remember Gargamel, then I spat out my drink laughing...lol...

On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 7:24 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Sometimes I wish Pronger still played, 1 big hit and this kids done.

I get a kick out of quotes like this. 

For 1....Pronged was a different era...much like Scott Stevens. It's funny how the rules changed after those guys are gone and retired. If they made hits like before, the media and fans alike would scream bloody murder and demand lifetime suspensions.

2.... lumbering D such as Pronger,  Chara, etc.... usually get skated around by smaller and quicker forwards such as Gudreau,  Kane,  etc.... 

36 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

I get a kick out of quotes like this. 

For 1....Pronged was a different era...much like Scott Stevens. It's funny how the rules changed after those guys are gone and retired. If they made hits like before, the media and fans alike would scream bloody murder and demand lifetime suspensions.

2.... lumbering D such as Pronger,  Chara, etc.... usually get skated around by smaller and quicker forwards such as Gudreau,  Kane,  etc.... 

But if they don't get out of the way, they're f****d. Ever seen what an elephant can do to a gazelle. It's nasty. 

Archived