The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Johnny Gaudreau seeking $8M annually on new deal with Flames

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I have the utmost respect for the man represented in your profile picture.  I disagree with you on this point though.  Players are paid for the regular season.

I know they are only paid during the regular season. Not disputing that.

Again, if he gets his neck broken and never plays again you just spent $64 Million dollars on a corpse, lol

On September 16, 2016 at 10:32 PM, darkpoet said:

I know they are only paid during the regular season. Not disputing that.

Again, if he gets his neck broken and never plays again you just spent $64 Million dollars on a corpse, lol

Insurance covers the cash payment, right?

As for salary cap, I thought guys on LTIR doesn't count for cap, no?

I would love to see Benning throw that deal at him. He's an electrifying player to watch. He, like all Benning picks, plays hard in all three zones and even at his small stature, has push back. His production does dictate that pay range and if he becomes a hundred point guy, it becomes a bargain. For fun, a line of Gaudreau, Horvat and Boeser would be an epic way to usher in the new era. Unfortunately, the compensation makes me sick even to think about and Benning, being a draft guy, nulify's any point to even try to bring it up as a realistic possibility. Still fun to think about though.

On September 20, 2016 at 11:12 AM, komodo0921 said:

I would love to see Benning throw that deal at him. He's an electrifying player to watch. He, like all Benning picks, plays hard in all three zones and even at his small stature, has push back. His production does dictate that pay range and if he becomes a hundred point guy, it becomes a bargain. For fun, a line of Gaudreau, Horvat and Boeser would be an epic way to usher in the new era. Unfortunately, the compensation makes me sick even to think about and Benning, being a draft guy, nulify's any point to even try to bring it up as a realistic possibility. Still fun to think about though.

If JG was 'the last piece' and you were sure of a 3-4 year cup window, maybe.... but you'd gut the future like Gillis did. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Flames and Johnny Gaudreau are still far apart.

Gaudreau continues to seek $8.5 million, while the Flames to not want to pay anyone more than Mark Giordano's $6.75 million.

Mark Giordano is their benchmark salary? :lol:

Good luck with that Flames.

4 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

If JG was 'the last piece' and you were sure of a 3-4 year cup window, maybe.... but you'd gut the future like Gillis did. 

Which is why the Flamers are safe from any offer sheets. He's almost negotiated his way out of any option to take offers from other teams. I think his camp's made it easy for management to sit and wait for his demands to come down. No team will pay the compensation to sign him.

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gaudreau continues to seek $8.5 million, while the Flames to not want to pay anyone more than Mark Giordano's $6.75 million.

That's crazy on the Flames part.  I guess they have an internal cap structure, but Goudreau puts butts in seats all over the league.  I hate the Flames, but the little puke is darned fun to watch.  He is a rarely gifted talent.  I think the Flames should pay the kid.  

3 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Which is why the Flamers are safe from any offer sheets. He's almost negotiated his way out of any option to take offers from other teams. I think his camp's made it easy for management to sit and wait for his demands to come down. No team will pay the compensation to sign him.

I suppose if it all gets sour, he can just accept his qualifying offer and then he's a UFA next season. My guess is tho they'll "settle" at 7.5 per for 8 years. Man that is a lot out of an ELC. Is he really that good? When I look at it I can't get there but I probably just don't want the Flames to have a good player! :P

7 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

LOL. 6.75M? Haha, joke of the day. There's no way Gaudreau signs any long term deal at 6.75M per year.

It seems like the only option is to sign him on a bridge deal. I guess Gaudreau might take 6.75 if it's only for 2-3 years. 

They will end up at +/- 7.5M$, all depend who budges first.  If it's the flames then he'll get a little more, or vice versa.  However with the World Cup as preparation, Gaudreau can afford to wait it out, as he won't lose any training if this drags out until the last minute.

I'm guessing 7 years @ 7.75M$ will be where they end up.

Archived