The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 5 most hated Canucks of all time

Salacious Crumb

My most hated

1. Mark Messier - can't stand the guy

2. Coach Tom Renny - just a clown, had zero respect for adult players treated them like kids ,players couldn't  drink              beer after games and in return got zero respect back. Tried coaching left wing lock hockey.

3. Mike Keenan - GM/Coach ass hole..traded Linden (should be higher on list) but in return got Bertuzzi and McCabe(which we traded for one Sedin twin)

4. Torts - coached like Keenan by playing only 2 lines to death and had zero skills with prospects...can only yell so much before your team says "shut the fuk up idiot" same can be said for Mark Crawford..."just shut up"

5. Trent Klatt - no not the Klatt69 in the goon movie. The one who played with the Sedin twins. After Canucks got rid of him jurring the lock out year nhlpa president T Linden was blindsided by Klatt who was on the committee. 

Esa Tikkanen - I use to hate him but changed my mind, when he was a Canuck he was Funny and teammates liked him so he grew on me. To bad he only had one leg when he was a Canuck. His Knees where gone. Funny story him and his wife spoke different languages and couldn't understand one another for their first year of marriage.

Randy Holt wasn't exactly loved around the league. I'll never forget his debate with local newspaper columnist Allan Fotheringham on BCTV news (or was it local CBC?). He actual embarrassed Fotheringham, it was pretty heat. total goon though. Burrows and Cooke are right there too. Maxim Lapierre of course. He even annoyed me.

I don't really "hate" any Canucks. I can appreciate that they all put on the jersey and played for us.

However, the only player I flat out loathe is Mark Messier. That guy single-handily killed our franchise for a good 2-3 years, and didn't do jack all in his short time here, not to mention he had the nerve to demand money from us a couple years ago, rightfully or not.

A couple coaches that I don't like are

Torterella- Do I need to explain why? This guy proves that his tough love philosophy doesn't make a great team in the new NHL That season was agonizing to watch. Team USA in the World Cup is another good example of that.

Mike Keenan- **** this guy. He got rid of Trevor Linden, the heart and soul of this franchise and we entered years of mediocrity with the other douchebag I listed, Messier.

Hero to Canuck Fans/ Nemesis of the League?

Tiger Williams.  He was a nemesis!

Alex Burrows.  The best pest in the west for the lest 10 years.

Gino Odjick.  Gino Gino Gino.

Garth Butcher.  This guy went to war for the Canucks for 10 years.

Todd Bertuzzi.  Skilled, and feared, for years.  Rare combo.

On 10/9/2016 at 5:46 PM, RRypien37 said:

Yeah the spot picking was huge. Everyone labelled him as a tough guy but I just saw him as a coward. 

The worst was when everyone was commending him for "stepping in for rookie Lain" in the brawl with the Flames. Doing so he refused to fight Westgarth only to be quick to go after Smid and still managed to lose and Lain fought Westgarth anyway and held his own. 

My only respect towards him is how he helped out Rypien as much as he could. 

Other than that, an arrogant, cocky, extremely overrated spot picker. 

You remind me of the same sort of fans who boast how "they would've totally kicked that guy's ass instead of not fighting if I were him"--yeah right, you have no idea what injuries or other things he's dealing with at the time. Hilariously ignorant. :lol:

On 2016-10-09 at 7:17 PM, AriGold said:

First 2 game were Canucks hockey, all skill, Boston had no energy and lacked enthusiasm.

Game 1 Canucks + Boston = 10 PIMS

Game 2 Canucks + Boston = 28 PIMS

Then the big hit happened at the beginning of game 3 and it went from a skill game to a physical one which we weren't ready for. The next 2 games were overly physical/super agressive and the Canucks couldn't handle it. 

Game 3 Canucks + Boston = 145 PIMS

Game 4 Canucks + Boston = 66 PIMS

Can't forget this in game 6. Romo literally walked into the bear cave and poked the bear, the chaos that ensued lost us the series IMO.

Agree but also disagree... At the time Vancouver was either first or second in hits through the first 3 rounds..

Imo Boston being tentative initially was the fear of being burned by Vancouver's dangerous PP at the time.. After a couple of games of pretty much shutting it down in a couple of tight losses, and with nothing to lose they lost any fear of that PP and just dragged Vancouver down into playing Broons' hockey. I do think the Rome hit certainly instigated the expected push-back, and Vancouver was too easily taken off their game once the PP wasn't clicking. Hammer getting hurt along with losing Rome certainly didn't help our chances. Boston running around confident in their PK (and knowing the zebras were letting a lot of nonsense go), coupled with Vancouver getting sucked into playing Boston's game instead of their own, lost us that series in my eyes. Physical we were fine with, the dirty stuff and post-whistle garbage not so much, but the B's got away with it.

A lot of guys mentioned such as Burrows, Kesler, etc still played with all their heart and soul to win as Canucks.

This list can only start and end with Messier, there is no top 5, it is only him who's name I shall no longer say.

Mike Keenan - Drove our franchise into the ground

Mark Messier - Took our money and was useless the entire time he was here and took the captaincy away from Linden.  

Ryan Kesler - Hated his whining and diving while he was here, hated the way he left.  Hated how he treated his teammates (Schneider) 

Alexander Mogilny - Not sure if Hate is the right word, but he was an elite player who severely under performed helping us become a terrible franchise

Don't really have anyone else that I hate or that left a lasting negative memory.  

Burrows is quite the polarizing player.

50% of Canuck fans think he is a legendary Canuck - kid from no where ( echo )  and  top competitor.

other 50% of Canuck fans think his on ice behaviour is disgraceful and has ruined our Canuck image across the league....

Archived