The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 5 most hated Canucks of all time

Salacious Crumb

19 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Alright, here we go again. 

Lets hate Kassian for being overrated, when we were probably the ones to do so? 

Management gave Dorsett that contract.

Theres 5 guys infront of our goalie.

Demitra's gone, RIP. Leave him alone, won't ya? 

The thread asks for your 5 most hated Canucks. i delivered.

I don't understand what you are trying to do here, are you telling me who I shouldnt hate? Cause I can't stress enough how little I care about how you feel about those players. 

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I don't understand what you are trying to do here, are you telling me who I shouldnt hate? Cause I can't stress enough how little I care about how you feel about those players. 

LOL.. Classic.. He's trying to control your opinions bud...

2 hours ago, apollo said:

It was a clean hit at the time. Nhl change the rules after that specific hit and they didn't grandfather it in. 

Cool story. If you say it's a clean hit then sure.. That wasn't my point at all though, Clean or dirty it's what woke the Bruins up was my point.

20 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

No, I'm trying to rationalize your reasoning but I just can't. I don't need you to care, let alone stress about my feelings. 

4 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

For me it's pretty easy - hated the Oilers and Flames in the '80's because they kicked our butts pretty often. My most hated:

Mark Messier - everything was wrong about his time here no matter what Naslund said.

Esa Tikkanen - there is some fun in an adult man smuggling beer onto a plane after a game but he is/was/always an Oiler during their glory years.

Tim Hunter - lots of people rave about how great a teammate this guy was. He stuck up for Fluery too many times for me to cheer for him.

Matt Cooke - loved him at first then grew tired of how dirty he would hit a guy.

Raffi Torres - same a Cooke. Started off great and then became a liability.

Hunter?  He was a great Canuck.

I would say Messier #1 through 5, but I guess if 5 different people are needed...

1. Messier

2. Cooke

3. Kesler

4. Jeff Brown

5. Prust

1. Messier - Obvious reasons.

2. Cloutier - Great guy, but NEVER played well when it mattered. Easily the weakest link of the 02-06 Canucks.

3. Kassian - I never understood the lovefest for this guy. Even taking out his addiction problems, he was one of the most frustrating players I ever watched. He continually made bone headed plays night in and night out. 

4. Vrbata - Loved his first season here, but holy crap I wanted to punch him in his second season. The lack of effort was outstanding. 

5. Weber - Just plain awful. No other way to describe him.

Dishonourable mentions: Kesler, Weise, Hodgson, O'Brien, Prust

2 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Everyone's list is the same. 

When i was younger I didn't really hate any players so all my hate is pretty recent. 

1. Zack Kassian - overrated to the point of insanity. 

2. Dorsett. He makes like 500k a goal. 

3. Luongo. The Sedins have 3 cups if we have a mentally Competent goalie. Great in non pressure games though. 

4. Demitra. It's sad how he died and I hate to disrespect him but I hated him from the day he signed till the day he left. 

5. Rome. 

You exaggerate about Luongo, old friend. The Sedins might have 2 cups if not for him.

4 hours ago, AriGold said:

First 2 game were Canucks hockey, all skill, Boston had no energy and lacked enthusiasm.

Game 1 Canucks + Boston = 10 PIMS

Game 2 Canucks + Boston = 28 PIMS

Then the big hit happened at the beginning of game 3 and it went from a skill game to a physical one which we weren't ready for. The next 2 games were overly physical/super agressive and the Canucks couldn't handle it. 

Game 3 Canucks + Boston = 145 PIMS

Game 4 Canucks + Boston = 66 PIMS

Can't forget this in game 6. Romo literally walked into the bear cave and poked the bear, the chaos that ensued lost us the series IMO.

I think that's over simplifying it.

One hit can't change a series. It can cause that game to be a loss, but not five games. An injury ravaged lineup and brutal officiating were far bigger factors.

Even if I played along and believed Rome's hit kickstarted the Bruins, I wouldn't hate him for that. He was trying to help us, and normally a hit like that wouldn't do much.

Only time I'll hate a Canuck is when their coaching makes the team worse, or they demand to wear a number out of circulation.

Biil Laforge   ex Canuck Coach  can  suck it.....     fired at the 20 game mark in his first year as a canuck  / NHL coach. Never got back to the show.....

4 wins and 14 losses setting the bar for when Willie gets fired this year.....

1984-85 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 20 4 14 2 0 0.250

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Biil Laforge   ex Canuck Coach  can  suck it.....     fired at the 20 game mark in his first year as a canuck  / NHL coach. Never got back to the show.....

4 wins and 14 losses setting the bar for when Willie gets fired this year.....

1984-85 Vancouver Canucks NHL Head 20 4 14 2 0 0.250

He's just a poorly performing coach on a team that would have sucked under Scotty Bowman.

I save my loathing for the Keenans of the world.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

He's just a poorly performing coach on a team that would have sucked under Scotty Bowman.

I save my loathing for the Keenans of the world.

Actually he was the worst coach in Canuck history...  He makes Willie look like a champ of a coach...

Laforge...

Ya, LaForge was Hardcore Psycho, somewhere between John Brophy & Eddie Shore. You mentioned The Gauntlet; players lining up 3' out from the boards about 3' apart in a row, the incoming basically getting stapled, nail gunned & sledge hammered absolutely full-on. 

LaForge insisted on pulling this completely idiotic primeval stunt in Vancouver (lasted about 22 games) as well. Darcy Rota, then a top producer and not far off from leading the Canucks in goals "all time" is recovering from a serious neck injury. Forced to run the Gauntlet, gets hurt again & cant play at all, eventually retires from the NHL & hockey altogether prematurely as a result. 

I see so many putting Cloutier on their list but think about it Naslund never did play well when it mattered and they should be seen as the same!!

Cloutier won in the season to get us a good playoff spot

Naslund scored goals in the season

BOTH did crap in the playoffs and naslund did not do good interviews as the captain to answer questions when all other captains never turned their heads and not talked into the camera's!Henrik started doing this looking down cause he is frustrated!

Linden NEVER did that and why he is above them plus a lot more!!!

Archived