Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake on the PP


Rush17

Recommended Posts

After watching last nights game it really struck me. Why isn't Jake on the 2nd unit PP.  I know its early and they had some chances last night.  But Jake is a natural sniper who has a hard shot and a quick release.  Wouldn't it make sense too try him there?  Swapping Granny for Jake I think would be the right idea.  

 

Was Jake on the PP last season? I completely forget?  Maybe my points invalid if hes already failed.  Would like too see him have more opportunity. Throw Hansen on if not Jake. Granny is a play maker I donno. stupid early morning question lol. go back to bed lol

 

on that note. watch jake enter the locker room LOL. kinda funny!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Granny is better for that role at the moment. If they go the other way than Granny has them covered. Virt isn't the best defensively and probably wouldn't have saved a two on one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

After watching last nights game it really struck me. Why isn't Jake on the 2nd unit PP.  I know its early and they had some chances last night.  But Jake is a natural sniper who has a hard shot and a quick release.  Wouldn't it make sense too try him there?  Swapping Granny for Jake I think would be the right idea.  

 

Was Jake on the PP last season? I completely forget?  Maybe my points invalid if hes already failed.  Would like too see him have more opportunity. Throw Hansen on if not Jake. Granny is a play maker I donno. stupid early morning question lol. go back to bed lol

 

on that note. watch jake enter the locker room LOL. kinda funny!

 

Is that music you added, or is that song playing in the room, while the players walk in?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought he did a good job of finishing his checks last night, my surround sound kicked off lots of board rattling when jake was on the ice.  If you watched in isolation he was often the third man high which tells you the coaching staff is looking for jake to be the defensive conscious of that line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm concerned he's being over coached. Why would you want your heaviest hitter not going into the corners and attacking the net? Staying high in the offensive zone is the job or a 2-way centre not a 6 OA power forward. I saw Sam Bennet creating havoc below our own goal line often last night (and he's only 18!! / joke)

 

Regarding the OP- Jake is the best shooter on the team, I'm not sure there is anyone even close. Calgary had Tkatchuck out there on the PP doing what he does best- net front. Having Jake in the Ovie spot is kind of a no-brainer. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is that music you added, or is that song playing in the room, while the players walk in?  

it's the song in the room.  lol. 

 

I'm too lazy to add music lol. it's canucks twitter video 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Pretty sure Virtanen is in to girls...not sure why you want to see him on a PP so badly.

 

but hey if that's your thing, it aint in me to criticize

I guess this is a response to an edited comment, but it looks like a response to a sexist/homophobic comment- I hope not, after all it is 2016 and nobody should care who someone is into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

27 minutes ago, gurn said:

I guess this is a response to an edited comment, but it looks like a response to a sexist/homophobic comment- I hope not, after all it is 2016 and nobody should care who someone is into.

Image result for the joke

 

22 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

 

#triggered

Appears so...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought Jake had a decent game...Had he netted one of his chances people would be praising him today.  

His positioning was the best I've seen of him and he was finishing checks.  I think we still have a great one in Jake and he will only get better.  I'm thinking late bloomer like Bertuzzi....Just let that sink in for a minute

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Jokes are easier to get if posts haven't been edited.

Uggh I have to explain it

 

Nothing got deleted edited or is missing,

 

My children call their bits a Pee Pee...

 

He wants Jake on the PP, seems hot for Jake on the PP...get it.

 

Jake Likes girls, but whatever floats the Ops boat right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, flat land fish said:

I thought he did a good job of finishing his checks last night, my surround sound kicked off lots of board rattling when jake was on the ice.  If you watched in isolation he was often the third man high which tells you the coaching staff is looking for jake to be the defensive conscious of that line.

A little choked that hit on Jake wasn't called.  I thought it was late and high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...