The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philip Larsen | #63 | D

-SN-

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2016 at 5:26 PM, Tre Mac said:

I think his career is done after that hit. 

I'm concerned that this may be the case. At least his NHL career. He was already struggling to stay in our lineup and with this injury, he is likely completely out of the picture now. If he ever plays hockey again, it will probably be in Europe.

11 hours ago, ajhockey said:

I'm concerned that this may be the case. At least his NHL career. He was already struggling to stay in our lineup and with this injury, he is likely completely out of the picture now. If he ever plays hockey again, it will probably be in Europe.

I wanted to have a long enough look at Larsen but after Biega's game last night I tend to agree with you. Biega is only a year older.

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  He's not good enough, too small, and he's going to get killed out there.:lol:

Another failed Benning reclamation project.

Benning is like a  40 yr old women at Winners.....  looked for HIGH Designer name at  LOW  brand prices....

Failing again at trying to short cut the system to building a winner....

4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Benning is like a  40 yr old women at Winners.....  looked for HIGH Designer name at  LOW  brand prices....

Or that same woman, at Wnners, buying herself size four spandex pants, but she's really a sixteen: let's just squeeze our arse into them (the playoffs for Benning.)  The end result, in both cases is BUTT UGLY.  

14 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Trading a conditional 5th for Larsen is a small risk. It didn't pay off but who cares.

The bigger gambles in Granlund and Baertschi have so far. 

I, for one, at least admire Benning for trying to short cut the 'system'.

1 hour ago, Hugor Hill said:

Trading a conditional 5th for Larsen is a small risk. It didn't pay off but who cares.

The bigger gambles in Granlund and Baertschi have so far. 

I, for one, at least admire Benning for trying to short cut the 'system'.

That's a good point Hugor.  JB manned up, and tried his philosophy of competing while rebuilding.  How long does he continue down this path, before accepting it's not working?

Archived