The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Sbisa to MTL... is it possible?

JM_

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Nice try at "discussion". 

I've already said that if Montreal is looking for a defenceman, they're looking for an upgrade on what they have. Sbisa isn't that guy.  He brings nothing to the team that they don't already have.  You keep trying to find reasons they might take him despite the fact that he isn't a big enough upgrade on anyone on their roster for them to make a move.  What more would you like to discuss?

5 hours ago, drsofthands said:

nobody wants sbisa, we &^@#ed up giving an rfa a terrible contract. 

You really have no idea about the value of defensemen at the moment, do you.

If we decided to put Sbisa out there for trade, there will be a number of takers. His contract is in line with others in the league and if he leaves, fans will just pick someone new to dump on.

Last year, we really started losing when Sbisa went down injured. Yes he makes mistakes, but he also serves a physical need on the ice that can't be overlooked.

He's a solid 3rd pairing D that makes opposition pay a price when they are in our end.

2 minutes ago, Beeekz37 said:

I don't think it really matters at this point what he is making. We fans always have our whipping boy, he will leave and as stated above, another will take his place. 

Isn't that Loui now? <_<

I think the Habs would probably be looking for someone to push Petry down to their third pairing - which they could then get more minutes out of.

Petry is playing some good hockey for them, but Pateryn would be the guy they're looking to replace.

It's possible that Sbisa could play the right side on their third pairing, moving Pateryn into the 7 spot, but my guess would be that they're looking for a natural right side guy and someone to compete with Petry for top 4 minutes - with Pateryn being the odd man out - a decent 7th man but probably not a guy they want to depend on too much - and he kinda limits the extent to which they can spread the minutes through three pairings.

I really don't think their left side is where they'd be looking to add - at least not this year (perhaps next year if Markov is done) - so I don't really see Sbisa being a natural fit for them.

2 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Isn't that Loui now? <_<

Pretty much. I hope he finds the back of the net a little more often, or at least get some apples. Once he's out of the doghouse, who would be next?

Sutter for not looking like the offensive/clutch game breaker he did in the first few games?

Skille for not scoring (remember him as being pretty offensive in his junior years, could be wrong)?

Miller for taking all of Markstrom's prime ice time and still holding the 1a role?

Obviously kidding, but still. Every team has a scapegoat at some point for some reason or another.

7 hours ago, Toews said:

Don't know how you ended up quoted, can't delete it, my tablet is glitchy garbage. Moving on

I don't know why Mtl would want Spisa considering they're after a top 4 dman. Spisa might be top 4 in Vegas next year, but he's not top 4 in Mtl.

Spisa isn't as bad as CDC likes to make him seem, a little over payed, sure, but he's not terrible, not top 4 either.

Also, if we were to trade Spisa, who gets exposed in the expansion draft? Tanev? Gudbranson?... Hutton? Pretty sure they're the only ones that fit the bill if Spisa gets traded.  

2 hours ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

I don't think they'd be in on Sbisa. 

I'd hate to lose Tryamkin but maybe Tryamkin for McCarron?

Why would Montreal trade onecif their top prospects for Tryamkin? He can't even break the the top 6 in Vancouver. He certainly isn't going to be a top 4 guy in Montreal 

Archived