The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

31 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

If that asking price is correct there is no way the canucks are paying it. Second if they do manage to offload Kane for that price to another team you can guarantee that team is going to sign Kane to a longer term deal and there is no way he is coming back to Vancouver as a UFA in the off-season. Which imo is and has always been a pipe dream. 

Are they going to sign Kane against his will?

26 minutes ago, 2011 said:

You don't make that trade unless there is an agreed upon extension.

Nobody's making the trade of BUF's apparent 'ask'.

Kane is far more likely to go to a contender as a rental IMO where there is likely zero expectation of him re-signing.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I think BUF is going to get real greedy with their ask, and end up losing Kane for nothing in the off season.

I agree that they are getting too greedy, but I figure they've assessed the interest and figured they could up their price because of it. Once they realize they won't likely get what they are now asking, the end result will probably be closer to the original ask.

Even if we were interested (which I'm mixed about and probably wouldn't be if I was GM) there is no way it makes sense to trade for him. Let him get traded and if he really wants to come here he can once his contract is finished.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Cali is his style...

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:07 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

You'll have to ask Kane. Winnipeg has been crowned the most racist city in Canada for years. Look it up if you feel so inclined. 

Its also possibly the most multi-cultural. And not because they flock there for the weather. Or mosquito's.

The North end to this day has businesses bordering on sweat factories.  Some of the least expensive rents & home prices ends up a magnet. It brings people to both a chance to work, often without language or plyable trades & a low cost of living.  For better or worse; that attracts refugee's, aboriginals from reserves, also gangs and alternate ways to make money.  

This part of society is often frowned upon.  But groups, they don't have the strength in numbers, say like the Punjabi community in Surrey to almost have their own community, integrate. Persevere, start businesses and their kids graduate from our schools and Universities. 20 years later it is a new group, leaving behind a different war, problem in the world...  

And the racism migrates to a new group.

2 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

winnipegs on par with the rest of Canada.   22% not born in Canada.  not sure what the rest of your statement relates to

I lived there 20 plus years. Also Vancouver 15. Lived in the ''tough'' areas of both cities. I'm very familiar with the outlook. 

It is different. Aboriginal issues are significantly more visible in particular. 

Many immigrating to Vancouver buy two story homes on the West side of Richmond, in the British properties. A home for their kids to go to school in East Van. Winnipeg does not attract that demographic into its %. At the end of the day it is a poorer city with the problems that are associated with it. 

20 minutes ago, chilliwiggins said:

I'm trying to see the relation of the 3 in regards to what PhillipBlunt was stating, other than the obvious.

He mentioned racism as a bigger issue in Winnipeg. I inferred there were in fact bigger issues with class, gangs, crime & poverty issues among racial groups that ended up there. Because they had no better place they could go. And more noticeable racism is a result if you have been there. 

Hang out at the corner of Main & Dufferin in Winnipeg one day. You will be witness to stereotypes about ethnic groups.

I could explain it to you. But I already sense there is no point.

1 hour ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Cali is his style...

Its also possibly the most multi-cultural. And not because they flock there for the weather. Or mosquito's.

The North end to this day has businesses bordering on sweat factories.  Some of the least expensive rents & home prices ends up a magnet. It brings people to both a chance to work, often without language or plyable trades & a low cost of living.  For better or worse; that attracts refugee's, aboriginals from reserves, also gangs and alternate ways to make money.  

This part of society is often frowned upon.  But groups, they don't have the strength in numbers, say like the Punjabi community in Surrey to almost have their own community, integrate. Persevere, start businesses and their kids graduate from our schools and Universities. 20 years later it is a new group, leaving behind a different war, problem in the world...  

And the racism migrates to a new group.

Fair enough, Surfer.

With Kreider possibly gone for the rest of the season, and Nash's contract coming off the books. I could see Kane landing in the Big Apple and then re-signing with the Rangers, in the off-season.

Buchnevich/Miller, Chytil, and a 2nd.

Archived