The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] TSN - Canucks still kicking tires on Kane

Provost

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I know I’ve stated this before here,  Kane loves his family here in Vancouver, where he grew up, and continues to train with his father here every Summer.

At 18 off to Atlanta, then Winnipeg, then Buffalo.. yuk.

Now Kane is coming into his prime with an opportunity to play at home in Vancouver.. do you not think he thinks about that?

I heard from a friend that grew up with Kane that his dad moved back to Nova Scotia not sure why. But i don't have proof either. But I do agree Kane wants to come home probably

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Sign Kane in the off-season for the same dollars and term as Horvat...he shouldn't get more than Horvat.

Can you believe LE is getting paid more than Horvat for near the same term...

I believe the Canucks were trying to out-bid Boston for Louie's services. Boston screws us yet again! :( But maybe Eriksson is Tavares' BFF?

On 2018-01-11 at 11:37 PM, VIC_CITY said:

We have to remember that we're talking about a guy that has more baggage than anyone in the NHL, has a long injury history and is usually a 40 point guy who is suddenly peforming better in a contract year. These are all big red flags and his contract will need to reflect that if we're to consider signing him. There's going to be teams that wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. That means NO to $7M and NO to 6+ years. If he wants to come home, it needs to be a deal that makes sense. UFAs without all of these warning signs turn out to be awful signings all the time. Take note! 5 years at $6M per is the most I'd do and part of me doesn't even want to go that high. Sure, we could use EK the player (although I'd argue he's likely somewhere in between the 40 point player and the player you see this year) but there's potential to have a signing like this blow up in your face in more than one way, with his production coming back down to where it was and in the dressing room where he's proven himself not to be a team 1st guy. 

I’d do 4 years at 7 million. Take it or leave it. 

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

With you on Gudbranson,

.. I posted this article on the KHL yesterday.. 

This makes the end of this season even more interesting for anyone keeping an eye on Big Nik...

His team Avtomobilist was almost cut from the KHL last year for not meeting financial obligations, 4 other teams were cut.

it seems 2 more will be cut this year.

The KHL is not that healthy.

https://conwaysrussianhockey.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/guest-post-the-khls-strategic-plan/

Unfortunately the price of crude oil has more to do with KHL health than anything else. It is still climbing but in a false environment IMHO. Who knows when it comes down?  

17 hours ago, Pete M said:

Sign Kane in the off-season for the same dollars and term as Horvat...he shouldn't get more than Horvat.

Can you believe LE is getting paid more than Horvat for near the same term...

I think LE has been a bad move since Benning traded (or was instrumental in the trading of) Seguin for him. Unfortunately I think its one of those where Benning is trying his hardest to prove that LE hasn't been a mistake since he gave up one of the top young players in the league for him as opposed to him admitting it was a big mistake and moving on. JB has made some great moves in his career this just hasn't been one of them.

3 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think LE has been a bad move since Benning traded (or was instrumental in the trading of) Seguin for him. Unfortunately I think its one of those where Benning is trying his hardest to prove that LE hasn't been a mistake since he gave up one of the top young players in the league for him as opposed to him admitting it was a big mistake and moving on. JB has made some great moves in his career this just hasn't been one of them.

In the video of the Bruins front office staff talking about the trade, isn’t JB one of the few arguing against the trade? Or st least staying mum on it. 

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

In the video of the Bruins front office staff talking about the trade, isn’t JB one of the few arguing against the trade? Or st least staying mum on it. 

He's the one that says that they are not babysitters.

On 2018-01-12 at 3:09 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

I think many here overrate the situation around Kane. His assault charges in Buffalo were ugly for certain, but they were dropped. He and everyone else in the bar were loaded, and he made some extremely stupid choices. Word is that he was extremely embarrassed by his actions that night, and frightened by the possibility of jail time. He spent the majority of last year's offseason here in Vancouver getting his head on straight.

He ran into numerous racial situations in Winnipeg that were deplorable so I'll take what happened there with a grain of salt regarding extracurricular issues. Clearly he didn't mesh well with the players in Winnipeg, and seems to be fairing far better in Buffalo.

The tweet wasn't the best idea, but was far from egregious. The photos with money make me laugh. I really don't get why so many people get so worked up over them. Maybe they're jealous?

There are quite a few players in the NHL with various issues we don't know about because they don't publicize them. To vilify him over hmm.....another Kane in the NHL is laughable and might be indicative of a pigment based judgement call.

Again, it's not all about fighting, like at all. Just a mentality that a player brings to the team. A mentality that is sorely, sorely lacking from the Vancouver Canucks.

I'm thinking Kane has been far more invested in playing the game and fixing his reputation than engaging in fisticuffs.

These multiple deplorable racial incidents in Winnipeg are there any concrete evidence about it or links?. I didn't there about them or reports in the media about them. He is not the only African Canadian to play in Winnipeg..the Bombers have had many for decades and have never heard of problems only good things said about the city and people.

1 hour ago, ice orca said:

These multiple deplorable racial incidents in Winnipeg are there any concrete evidence about it or links?. I didn't there about them or reports in the media about them. He is not the only African Canadian to play in Winnipeg..the Bombers have had many for decades and have never heard of problems only good things said about the city and people.

You'll have to ask Kane. Winnipeg has been crowned the most racist city in Canada for years. Look it up if you feel so inclined. 

9 hours ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Bennings so dumb he'll trade the farm for him and he'll sign somewhere else in the offseason 

I love seeing the positive attitude you bring to every thread you bless with an appearance. It definitely never gets old and it's always, without exception, really incisive and thought-provoking stuff. Keep up the good work.

Archived