The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Jaku said:

Trainwreck of a hockey game. Stecher looked good, that was a positive. The kid is fast, so good on the offensive side of the puck, smart. But other than that, is there really any positives we can take out of this game? 

Also Is there a site where I can see puck possession time? I feel like that was largely in favor of the Rangers. 

Yes, total train wreck, I only got to drink 2 beer, either I have to start drinking when the other team scores or I have to use a multiplier for Canucks goals, sobriety sucks.

1 minute ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'm no fan of Willie...but he can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

The coach shouldn't have to explain to the players about the rule where goals count when the puck goes in the net. Some things are just not coaching.

5 minutes ago, singing chef said:

A team captain is supposed to lead by example.  Midway through 2nd. period in a close game and Canucks on a power play, Henrik had 3 real opportunities, in front of the net, to shoot the puck.  These were prime shooting positions.  He passed the puck every time.  With him leading by (poor) example, the team has NO chance of winning.  He has been a great player for many years but this "fear of shooting the puck" HAS to stop.  

True, but it's not his fault that the Canucks still after all these years have to depend on two 37 year olds to have to do most of their scoring. 

Ridiculous really.

13 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Willie's last game. Please. We're begging you.......or we could just send him down to Utica for 2 games. Then he'll be brand new and ready to go right?

Keep having people say it's upper management that's really in control and screwing things up... conspiracy?! LOL ugh

7 minutes ago, Swedish elite3 said:

Canucks outplayed them and Rangers out scored us... if the canucks had any luck tonight around the net it might be tied at 7 going to OT... defense was trash liked Tryamkins game tonight though. 

Oh and Markstrom was complete garbage tonight 

In the first period.  Yes.

in the second it definitely started to shift.  The rags got their legs, took over the middle lanes in all zones and blew the doors off us on their breakout.  Our forecheck was not effective.  We turned pucks over.  

Not  saying we didn't have effort after the first period but in no way did we "outplay" them.  This word is used in the wrong way far too much here.

i gotta wicked buzz.

good night cdc.

9 minutes ago, singing chef said:

A team captain is supposed to lead by example.  Midway through 2nd. period in a close game and Canucks on a power play, Henrik had 3 real opportunities, in front of the net, to shoot the puck.  These were prime shooting positions.  He passed the puck every time.  With him leading by (poor) example, the team has NO chance of winning.  He has been a great player for many years but this "fear of shooting the puck" HAS to stop.  

Wonder why he doesn't shoot! Some traumatic experience growing up as a child or something? LOL... about to shoot and has a flashback and freaks out and throws it away. LIKE SERIOUSLY! WTF!

Archived