The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Lack of focus.

Team was 2 goals down going into the third and mentally had a brain cramp as a collective whole.

Markstrom let in some soft ones, Defence was dreadful all game long, and forwards couldn't finish.

In short.

after the first period we $&!# the bed.

Just now, Darius71 said:

Kevin Hayes, late first round pick looking like a top 6 forward.  How do teams like NY stay competitive and find goal scorers without tanking?  Last 10 years they havent had any oiler-like finishes?  They probably have had 2 below average seasons in the past 10?

Maybe coaching and shrewd smart management have something to do with it...

Just look at the changes they made in the offseason vs what JB did. I think they let go of six players and signed a bunch of guys with speed given what they learned against the Pens last year.  Grabner and Vesey come to mind especially.

Here we are again with "we had a lot of chances but couldn't score" responses again. Thought that I'd see more consistency with this team after the Dallas game but they went back to reality tonight. I like afternoon games better now but it doesn't matter. I liked the effort but it won't put pucks in the back of the net. Keep playing hard out there boys and you'll get some puck luck! GCG!

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Post Disaster Thread

Trainwreck of a hockey game. Stecher looked good, that was a positive. The kid is fast, so good on the offensive side of the puck, smart. But other than that, is there really any positives we can take out of this game? 

Also Is there a site where I can see puck possession time? I feel like that was largely in favor of the Rangers. 

Bizarre game...Team was prepared to play,and dominated the the first period,and then the whole game collapsed and went sideways...I thought Markstrom was awful,he has to make some of those saves ..(I'll even say that if Miller was in net,he would have at least kept it close)...Despite the fact that Marky was letting them in,hats off to rest of the team for fighting to get back in the game ....

Tryamkin made some glaring errors,but I can live with that...Probably deserved a few more against Lundquist,but there wasn't a puck luck tonight.

4 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

man, i thought this was going to be a good game judging from the first period.

I think we all did, especially after last game. They lift us up with their fantastic start then they slowly melt down and we are left deflated

Archived