The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm going to be honest here. I am HUGE long term fan. Over 30 years.

Do people still watch this? Don't get me wrong the Canucks can lose but how can you peak my interest with that line up? They are pigs with lipstick.

I used to stop anything for a game but now I can't even be bothered to waste pvr space.

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

You're right, let's take him out to protect his fragile ego in a game he $&!# the bed....

Im not sure how you figure Markstrom has a fragile ego? He said he had a bad night and wished he could have 5 goals back. He completely owned up to the teams loss. Many nights he is the only reason we arent blown out again and again. Virtanen cant even get 10 minutes in a game when hes not "real good" but they hang a young goalie to dry. This isnt player development.  Do you think willie did that to coach him, to motivate him? 

Willie was just trying not to accidentally vibrate onto the ice. 

15 minutes ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Any one else  notice how useless dorset has become? he skates fast but man is he bad at everything else 

I, and my buddy visiting from Vancouver, both thought Dorsett was the best Canuck on the ice tonight.  He hustled every shift, got several takeaways, was a net presence, and set up Granny's goal with a great pass.

Credit to Rangers, they look like a pretty elite team. 

Several passengers tonight. Markstrom, Hutton, Edler, Sven B all with sub par games. Tryamkin and Sutter looked good.

People frustrated at Henrik for not shooting. When it works, his plays are a thing of beauty, but yeah, it looks bad when things flop. 

1 minute ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Im not sure how you figure Markstrom has a fragile ego? He said he had a bad night and wished he could have 5 goals back. He completely owned up to the teams loss. Many nights he is the only reason we arent blown out again and again. Virtanen cant even get 10 minutes in a game when hes not "real good" but they hang a young goalie to dry. This isnt player development.  Do you think willie did that to coach him, to motivate him? 

Willie was just trying not to accidentally vibrate onto the ice. 

Good, he should own up to it.  Why should they pull him from that game?  It was on him with a poor effort.

1 minute ago, Chris12345 said:

I'm going to be honest here. I am HUGE long term fan. Over 30 years.

Do people still watch this? Don't get me wrong the Canucks can lose but how can you peak my interest with that line up? They are pigs with lipstick.

I used to stop anything for a game but now I can't even be bothered to waste pvr space.

There is a certain satisfaction in watching a team build from a low point and see young players blossom and see it all come together. At that point, it's "wow, I remember when these guys were just barely getting ice time and couldn't beat anyone". It takes years sometimes but worth it.

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Then I guess the defense didn't seem that bad to you.

The goalie said himself he should have had 5 of them.  Of course the D was not perfect but when a bunch of weak ones get through then it's deflating?  Am I the only one who thinks Marky sucked tonight!  

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I, and my buddy visiting from Vancouver, both thought Dorsett was the best Canuck on the ice tonight.  He hustled every shift, got several takeaways, was a net presence, and set up Granny's goal with a great pass.

Sadly,

that says a lot.

4 minutes ago, Quoted said:

How many posters here say to let the young players work through their mistakes though? It is a bit different for goalies, but I bet if they pulled him, there would be posts about how they should have left him in to work through it.

I dont think ive ever seen a goalie go down 4 - 1 and have people wishing he stayed. This team is going nowhere , we need to gice young players ice time , however it should not involve takong chances with horvat hutton or markstrom. They will screw up , its a part of learning but havent you ever seen the Oilers in the last decade? They were left to work thru it. They actually just got destroyed. 

Just now, Quoted said:

There is a certain satisfaction in watching a team build from a low point and see young players blossom and see it all come together. At that point, it's "wow, I remember when these guys were just barely getting ice time and couldn't beat anyone". It takes years sometimes but worth it.

Yea so true. But young talent  (Bo, Tree,Hutts) are one thing. A lot of plugs and missed trades out there.

Hammer, Ritchy, Matthais, Burrows etc.

Archived