The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, MJDDawg said:

True, but it's not his fault that the Canucks still after all these years have to depend on two 37 year olds to have to do most of their scoring. 

Ridiculous really.

It is ridiculous, but as long as they are in that position and being given preferential o-zone opportunities, they should at least execute when the opportunity is there. Their passing has become less and less effective at actually generating chances.  Their new "trick" is wrapping it around the boards behind the net.  If that doesn't work, they try to force aerial passes through the slot past 6 or 7 players' skates and sticks.  When good scoring chances present themselves, they look for the pass or take the puck to a :safe" zone so they can "set up".  It's become a bloody joke.

5 minutes ago, Type R said:

Did anyone else have a problem with him leaving Markstrom in?  It was clear he wasn't having a good night.. 7 goals against, lets let him work through it.  Good thing JV is in the press box.. SMH

He played awful tonight.  4-5 of them were really soft.  Should've taken him out in the 2nd period to break the momentum a little bit or at the very least with the back to back goals 2 minutes into the 3rd.

The way the team has fallen hard after firing Alain Vigneault in 2013 ( yes only THREE years ago ) shows how important a good coach is for a winning attitude and a winning team. When you consider how well coached the Rangers are, you really see how much Canucks management screwed up in firing Alain Vigneault. While the Canucks slide to the bottom the Rangers have risen to the top of the league.

The Sedins have slid so far down in their confidence and level of play that we're now at a point where the option for them is to retire next year. No other team would take them now because they are slow and their scoring / passing has become something other teams know how to handle now. They had some amazing years for the Canucks but they are just pulling the team down, because they are not scoring or even creating scoring chances this year.

Loui Eriksson is a complete bust and there's no point in keeping him beyond this year. It's quite possible he could have been a good player with a better team, but on a crappy team like the Canucks he's reliant on himself to build his confidence and make things happen. He hasn't shown he can do that.

Where do they go from here? They aren't a good defensive team so that can't play low scoring games, but they have zero confidence to score so they left chasing no games without the firepower to catch up. The ONLY light I can see is who they can bring in if the Sedins, Eriksson, Burrows, Baertschi, and Dorsett. In terms of contracts and money, I don't know the details so maybe that's not even possible. They need to change players somehow though, because the energy has been sucked out of the building. The team really needs a major shake up now from Management all the way down to players.

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Sbisa had two assists tonight and skille played better than most.  Nearly dangled the whole rangers team did skillz for real.

I feel like if were going to get better the next question is where? 

With the tentative play around the puck and poor decision making... im done waiting for spisa to be the player he will never be. 

Skille , youve seen his best , it isnt much in his body of work. Again, we get better easily , in time by removing the token scapegoat players. 

Ive seen jack time and time again tossing the puck in the other end, over the net and to the defence, nothing comes from it. 

Blah maybe im focusing too much on a few plays but they just seem inadequate for the NHL.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

It is ridiculous, but as long as they are in that position and being given preferential o-zone opportunities, they should at least execute when the opportunity is there. Their passing has become less and less effective at actually generating chances.  Their new "trick" is wrapping it around the boards behind the net.  If that doesn't work, they try to force aerial passes through the slot past 6 or 7 players' skates and sticks.  When good scoring chances present themselves, they look for the pass or take the puck to a :safe" zone so they can "set up".  It's become a bloody joke.

Frustrating to watch. Didn't Hank have a rebound chance to score right in front tonight but decided to go backwards and not even get a shot on goal?

Both of their production now seems to be mostly from multi-point games against weak opposition.

We really need Sven to wake up.  He looks great out there. Pucks just aren't going in.   

I believe in the rebuild. I'm ok with finishing near the bottom of the league. The team has my support through it.  But I do still wish we would make games a little more interesting at least.

7 minutes ago, Type R said:

Did anyone else have a problem with him leaving Markstrom in?  It was clear he wasn't having a good night.. 7 goals against, lets let him work through it.  Good thing JV is in the press box.. SMH

No, he was sh!t and needed to own this lose.  He was terrible. 

1 minute ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

He played awful tonight.  4-5 of them were really soft.  Should've taken him out in the 2nd period to break the momentum a little bit or at the very least with the back to back goals 2 minutes into the 3rd.

Hey, thats a coaching move, dont balme willie hes our... oh. He is the coach. Wth willie?

8 minutes ago, singing chef said:

A team captain is supposed to lead by example.  Midway through 2nd. period in a close game and Canucks on a power play, Henrik had 3 real opportunities, in front of the net, to shoot the puck.  These were prime shooting positions.  He passed the puck every time.  With him leading by (poor) example, the team has NO chance of winning.  He has been a great player for many years but this "fear of shooting the puck" HAS to stop.  

Two years ago..Those passes Hank made would have gone in...What do you mean by "leads by poor example" ..?...Nonsense..,he's an unselfish player,and he's hardwired that way...What if he was a selfish player,and refused to pass?..like Ryan Kesler...You just can't keep everybody happy..!

Just now, CanuckGAME said:

We really need Sven to wake up.  He looks great out there. Pucks just aren't going in.   

I believe in the rebuild. I'm ok with finishing near the bottom of the league. The team has my support through it.  But I do still wish we would make games a little more interesting at least.

You think he looks great out there?  Seriously?  He is as invisible as Skille....

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Where the hell is Sven.  He was highly counted on this year.  The reason JB was looking for secon line scoring was because he didn't want to put pressure on Sven. Total disappointment.  

The guy has been brutal all year and deserves to sit in the press box. Bo doesn't play well with Sven.  I really don't know where that even comes from.  They had a good preseason together last year I guess?  They are just opposites in terms of styles.  Sometimes that works but definitely not in their case.  Play Sven with Erickson and let them sort out their problems together.

Archived