The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

The goalie said himself he should have had 5 of them.  Of course the D was not perfect but when a bunch of weak ones get through then it's deflating?  Am I the only one who thinks Marky sucked tonight!  

I think he sucked but I think the D was really, really, really bad.

Whatever though. This team needs changes and after a loss like that you will feel the sting of it for a while.

9 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Ya, Willies the reason a bunch of players are underperforming or worse. He's the reason Sven is invisible.....

Yeah, it's not like coaching has any impact on the game. May as well not have one, right? 

1 minute ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

I dont think ive ever seen a goalie go down 4 - 1 and have people wishing he stayed. This team is going nowhere , we need to gice young players ice time , however it should not involve takong chances with horvat hutton or markstrom. They will screw up , its a part of learning but havent you ever seen the Oilers in the last decade? They were left to work thru it. They actually just got destroyed. 

Do you think a goalie needs to be pulled when it 4-1???  Maybe we should pull them when it's 1-0 so we don't ruin them...... 

5 minutes ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

I dont think ive ever seen a goalie go down 4 - 1 and have people wishing he stayed. This team is going nowhere , we need to gice young players ice time , however it should not involve takong chances with horvat hutton or markstrom. They will screw up , its a part of learning but havent you ever seen the Oilers in the last decade? They were left to work thru it. They actually just got destroyed. 

My only point was that there are always people that criticize a decision to pull or leave a goalie in. And yes, I have seen people not happy with a 4-1 pull.

1040 torn on realistic about team lol

man they are frustratingly funny lol dissecting last years leafs ,comparing to this years canucks.man that analogy sucks from that 1040 panel Blake hurts man !

he really really is lost No wonder eastern media dishes west coast Canucks.

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

Do you think a goalie needs to be pulled when it 4-1???  Maybe we should pull them when it's 1-0 so we don't ruin them...... 

Do you have a point? 

Ok , ill make this easy. 

Do you try to win hockey games?

In retrospect, after 4, 5, 6 or 7 goals is he a better goalie?

When he was left in and the team was playing for nothing with 0 chance to win, is that good? 

Your answers are just hes a winer and either pull him after 1 goal or not at all. Where is the stretegy? Its all just garbage logic because you fundametally refuse to consider the information because you already made your mind up. Correct?

12 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I'm going to be honest here. I am HUGE long term fan. Over 30 years.

Do people still watch this? Don't get me wrong the Canucks can lose but how can you peak my interest with that line up? They are pigs with lipstick.

I used to stop anything for a game but now I can't even be bothered to waste pvr space.

If watching the Canucks is the only reason I have satellite, I'm thinking of calling Shaw tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, Quoted said:

My only point was that there are always people that criticize a decision to pull or leave a goalie in. And yes, I have seen people not happy with a 4-1 pull.

True , markstrom let in 3 goals on 4 shots in his debut. Willie pulled him , correct decision in my mind. He said something to him, inaudible, seemed like along the lines of "hey, its ok, it happens". That to me was good coaching. 

5 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

1040 torn on realistic about team lol

man they are frustratingly funny lol dissecting last years leafs ,comparing to this years canucks.man that analogy sucks from that 1040 panel Blake hurts man !

he really really is lost No wonder eastern media dishes west coast Canucks.

It's an inside job. Keep losing and reap in that team 1040 ad revenue since the shows get much more entertaining when we're losing.

The Rangers were really efficient today. Markstrom should have stopped 2 or 3 goals and better defence could've prevented 1 or 2 goals but at the end of the day, the Rangers capitalized on their chances whereas the Canucks, although generated a lot, failed to capitalize on their chances. Henrik himself could've had 2 goals on the PP had he not turned away from the half empty net.

The better team prevailed.

I'm beginning to think that Markstrom might not actually be that good. Like what he is now is as good as it's going to get, which overall is probably a bit below average, a good enough backup, but not starter material. I mean the guy has started 80 games in his NHL career and doesn't have 1 single shutout. Not trying to crap on Marky but that's hard to do in this day and age.

Archived