The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Rangers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The way the team has fallen hard after trading Alain Vigneault in 2013 ( yes only THREE years ago ) shows how important a good coach is for a winning attitude and a winning team. When you consider how well coached the Rangers are, you really see how much Canucks management screwed in firing Alain Vigneault. While the Canucks slide to the bottom the Rangers have risen to the top of the league.

The Sedins have slid so far down in their confidence and level of play that we're now at a point where the option for them is to retire next year. No other team would take them now because they are slow and their scoring / passing has become something other teams know how to handle now. They had some amazing years for the Canucks but they are just pulling the team down, because they are not scoring or even creating scoring chances this year.

Loui Eriksson is a complete bust and there's no point in keeping him beyond this year. It's quite possible he could have been a good player with a better team, but on a crappy team like the Canucks he's reliant on himself to build his confidence and make things happen. He hasn't shown he can do that.

Where do they go from here? They aren't a good defensive team so that can't play low scoring games, but they have zero confidence to score so they left chasing no games without the firepower to catch up. The ONLY light I can see is who they can bring in if the Sedins, Eriksson, Burrows, Baertschi, and Dorsett. In terms of contracts and money, I don't know the details so maybe that's not even possible. They need to change players somehow though, because the energy has been sucked out of the building. The team really needs a major shake up now from Management all the way down to players.

Though I'm not going to defend WD, I'm not sure so sure AV would be doing much more with this team. The personnel just aren't there anymore but that's part of the peak-decline-rebuild cycle that happens.

15 minutes ago, Swedish elite3 said:

Canucks outplayed them and Rangers out scored us... if the canucks had any luck tonight around the net it might be tied at 7 going to OT... defense was trash liked Tryamkins game tonight though. 

Oh and Markstrom was complete garbage tonight 

That's funny. When was the last time the Canucks scored 7 goals in one game?

2 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The way the team has fallen hard after trading Alain Vigneault in 2013 ( yes only THREE years ago ) shows how important a good coach is for a winning attitude and a winning team. When you consider how well coached the Rangers are, you really see how much Canucks management screwed in firing Alain Vigneault. While the Canucks slide to the bottom the Rangers have risen to the top of the league.

The Sedins have slid so far down in their confidence and level of play that we're now at a point where the option for them is to retire next year. No other team would take them now because they are slow and their scoring / passing has become something other teams know how to handle now. They had some amazing years for the Canucks but they are just pulling the team down, because they are not scoring or even creating scoring chances this year.

Loui Eriksson is a complete bust and there's no point in keeping him beyond this year. It's quite possible he could have been a good player with a better team, but on a crappy team like the Canucks he's reliant on himself to build his confidence and make things happen. He hasn't shown he can do that.

Where do they go from here? They aren't a good defensive team so that can't play low scoring games, but they have zero confidence to score so they left chasing no games without the firepower to catch up. The ONLY light I can see is who they can bring in if the Sedins, Eriksson, Burrows, Baertschi, and Dorsett. In terms of contracts and money, I don't know the details so maybe that's not even possible. They need to change players somehow though, because the energy has been sucked out of the building. The team really needs a major shake up now from Management all the way down to players.

why don't u make the font any harder to see?

anyways.. AV wouldn't have save this team.. this team's talent since 2011 was on a rapid decline.. Sedins been constantly regressing in point production and we have no secondary scoring or point production from the defense to make up for the regression.

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

No, he was sh!t and needed to own this lose.  He was terrible. 

Are we playing games to teach markstrom that if he has a tough night he needs to learn a lesson. OR, are we trying to win? And,  at the very least , develop our younger players? Markstrom is a young developing player who was left to hang dry. 

Just now, MJDDawg said:

Frustrating to watch. Didn't Hank have a rebound chance to score right in front tonight but decided to go backwards and not even get a shot on goal?

Both of their production now seems to be mostly from multi-point games against weak opposition.

Yup.  Early on with Lundquist down all he had to do is chip it over the pad.  No one checking him either.  In stead, he draws it to his back hand and takes it behind the net.  Bloody disgraceful.  The open net later in the game was another almost guaranteed goal by any NHL caliber player but Hank goes for the pass through the slot.  Then Hank makes a blind pass late in the third (I think it was 4-1?) that goes right to their point man and it ends up in the net.  Later on, he blows coverage in front of the net and another goal.  Honestly, I think they are done.  Too slow, too ineffective, too much of a defensive liability and totally without emotion win or lose.  I like to see leadership like BO who gets mad when they are losing and uses it to elevate his game...and those around him.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

why don't u make the font any harder to see?

anyways.. AV wouldn't have save this team.. this team's talent since 2011 was on a rapid decline.. Sedins been constantly regressing in point production and we have no secondary scoring or point production from the defense to make up for the regression.

I fixed the font after I saw it and made a couple of edits! hehe

Just now, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

Are we playing games to teach markstrom that if he has a tough night he needs to learn a lesson. OR, are we trying to win? And,  at the very least , develop our younger players? Markstrom is a young developing player who was left to hang dry. 

You're right, let's take him out to protect his fragile ego in a game he $&!# the bed....

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

There was a few but I wouldn't say 5 and it is not like the defense showed up either.

If he thinks it was 5 , then it was 5. Canucks played well but every error ended up in our net. Good effort. There were a few times early the Sedins should have shot (mostly you Henrik) and it could have been much closer. That Rangers team can score

Willie needs to go. He shouldn't be subjected to this BS anymore. Yes he's a minor leaguer, but the stale remnants of the old core are coach killers. They've gotten rid of Vigneault, Tortorella, and probably Desjardins. 

The coaching can only go so far when the vets are coasting.  

3 minutes ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

How many posters here say to let the young players work through their mistakes though? It is a bit different for goalies, but I bet if they pulled him, there would be posts about how they should have left him in to work through it.

Archived