The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Calgary Flames

Darius

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Missing the playoffs AND no 1st rounder is painful.  Awful feeling.  No wonder they are making Monahan play hurt.

Apparently he had been playing hurt for three weeks talk about not caring about a player what would have happened if they made it into the playoffs.

Also that pick isnt protected either.

13 minutes ago, Violator said:

Apparently he had been playing hurt for three weeks talk about not caring about a player what would have happened if they made it into the playoffs.

Also that pick isnt protected either.

Next to the Leafs :sick: the Flames are my most hated team.  I enjoy listening to the Fan 960 - Calgary sports radio.  It’s a pleasure to hear their fans cry over their lost picks, and how their team’s future is doomed.  :lol:

Watching the Flames collapse along with the Oilers is hilarious stuff. Everyone is quick to forget Brian Burke. The king of marginal success.

Aside from a set up job for a CUP in Anaheim this guy has done squat!  I wonder how much this grump has his fingers in the pie? 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Flamers have really packed it in. 

Down 2:0 after two periods, they have scored 3 goals in their past 5 games and been shut out twice already in them.  Tonight might be #3 in 5.

Looks like thr tank game is strong...someone needs to tell them that thr lottery pick belongs to the islanders lol

44 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Looks like thr tank game is strong...someone needs to tell them that thr lottery pick belongs to the islanders lol

this isnt a tanking, its called playing to get the coached fired.   This last week has pretty much doomed him.  

17 minutes ago, samurai said:

this isnt a tanking, its called playing to get the coached fired.   This last week has pretty much doomed him.  

That’s probably true. The marginal players on the team better be careful as the coach killer thing will come back to bite them.:gocan:

44 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

my gosh.... slow death...... honestly.  it's an empty feeling to miss the playoffs and no 1st rounder to look forward too, unreal.      At least we traded our 1st rounder in 2010, it was a late pick. this is torture even if it ends up being like the 14th pick, still sucks for them. 

the oil I am totally surprised that they were this crappy.   as for the flames i thought they were a bubble team for sure, but I am surprised that have folded the tent like this.  the coach is gone for sure.  Both group of fans must be absolutely crushed.   anyone that thought the nucks were playoff material of course needs to see a doctor.

Our pain ends pretty quick.  But for the flames they got to still get through the draft with no pick -that is depressing for sure.   We in my view are getting a top 5  for sure and their are 5 really good players available.  A top 3 would be gravy.   1 would be like winning a lottery

Their problems go beyond coaching, but if they want to fire him and think that'll fix things then go ahead.  Players of poor character and competitiveness, lack of grit, lack of forward depth, old and shakey goaltending, shoddy defence.  If they're still delusional that they're a contender, we'll trade them Brendan for Bennett so they can put Leipsic on that pig.

Monahan is the most overrated Centre in the NHL. I understand he played through a lot of this season hurt, but frankly this guy is barely better offensively than Bo, and bo is miles ahead in terms of defense, size, and checking. 

I actually think Vancouver’s centre depth right now is better than Calgary’s. Would you rather:

monahan

backlund 

jankowski 

stajan

or

bo 

henrik

sutter

dowd

honeslty, I think the Canucks is better. Henrik > backlund? Sutter is definitely better than jankowski. Dowd and stajan are basically a wash. 

Canucks also have pettersson and Gaudette coming, both of whom are very highly rated prospects. Who do the flames have coming? And they just re-signed backlund who’s trending towards third line capabilities. 

47 minutes ago, Canadian Clay said:

Monahan is the most overrated Centre in the NHL. I understand he played through a lot of this season hurt, but frankly this guy is barely better offensively than Bo, and bo is miles ahead in terms of defense, size, and checking. 

I actually think Vancouver’s centre depth right now is better than Calgary’s. Would you rather:

monahan

backlund 

jankowski 

stajan

or

bo 

henrik

sutter

dowd

honeslty, I think the Canucks is better. Henrik > backlund? Sutter is definitely better than jankowski. Dowd and stajan are basically a wash. 

Canucks also have pettersson and Gaudette coming, both of whom are very highly rated prospects. Who do the flames have coming? And they just re-signed backlund who’s trending towards third line capabilities. 

:lol:

I'm willing too give you Bo over Monahan, as I think they'd have similar stats if they switched linemates.

However Backlund was a 4th in Selke voting last season. He is most certainly significantly better than the fading Henrik. And Jankowski is a rookie, who is likely only going to get better.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

:lol:

I'm willing too give you Bo over Monahan, as I think they'd have similar stats if they switched linemates.

However Backlund was a 4th in Selke voting last season. He is most certainly significantly better than the fading Henrik. And Jankowski is a rookie, who is likely only going to get better.

Same for recently signed Gaudette.....  ;) 

Archived