The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Andrey Pedan

-Vintage Canuck-

OK...now they just need to play him, which would be saying something.

Good to see him get at least 15 games to see if he can adjust to the faster game. Nothing to lose except a top 5 in the draft...now, that would be a good thing.

Keep him here. Trade Edler. Tell him we'll expose his contract to Vegas..he'll agree to go somewhere better.

Tougher. Faster. Bigger shot. Can really scrap. Prob doesn't break 5 sticks a period.

IF he's a mess in his zone? At least we'll know what we have here. Take another high pick, & clear Edler's 5 mill to allocate elsewhere.

It's time to move on from the handsome, well-dressed, blond sloth..sorry ladies. We'z gettin mean & ugly now!

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Also if we have Pedan & Try's size on the line, we could even move one more tough D-man. Moving Gud & Edler could really add some young offensive pieces.

with Juolevi coming up next year we probably could and still be decent.

Hutton tanev

tryamkin stecher

Juolevi Biega 

pedan 

it looks young  now but if our young guys keep progressing it could be a reality. I'd rather have tanev as a veteran staple in our backend then edler.  guddy is good but tanev is better.  that d is probably too green though for the org.  I'm just worried if our team will be picked on again if guddy is dealt.

Tryamkin is big and physical but he is focused on the play more then wearing people down.  not that he doesn't.  pedan in top 6 would solve that issue though. 

13 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Keep him here. Trade Edler. Tell him we'll expose his contract to Vegas..he'll agree to go somewhere better.

Tougher. Faster. Bigger shot. Can really scrap. Prob doesn't break 5 sticks a period.

IF he's a mess in his zone? At least we'll know what we have here. Take another high pick, & clear Edler's 5 mill to allocate elsewhere.

It's time to move on from the handsome, well-dressed, blond sloth..sorry ladies. We'z gettin mean & ugly now!

I like your thinking. Even if he plays as a minus 20ish player...well at least you're not paying 5 million a year for that annnnd the kid can play more than 1 dimension as well...just needs an opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

with Juolevi coming up next year we probably could and still be decent.

Hutton tanev

tryamkin stecher

Juolevi Biega 

pedan 

it looks young  now but if our young guys keep progressing it could be a reality. I'd rather have tanev as a veteran staple in our backend then edler.  guddy is good but tanev is better.  that d is probably too green though for the org.  I'm just worried if our team will be picked on again if guddy is dealt.

Tryamkin is big and physical but he is focused on the play more then wearing people down.  not that he doesn't.  pedan in top 6 would solve that issue though. 

Yeah, +1 Rush(but only carry negative-currency). Tired of Edler's pattern..an all star performance, then disappear like Copperfield for games. We need more spontaneous combustion, & Tasmanian Devil-lunacy!

After watching Tanev's return yesterday, I took my finger off the trade button. Dude's a rock.

20 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah, and then the Canucks can trade their 1st for 2017 to Vegas to get Edler back,,, and then put him on waivers, again.  That will show him who's boss. :)

regards,  G.

8 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Yeah, and then the Canucks can trade their 1st for 2017 to Vegas to get Edler back,,, and then put him on waivers, again.  That will show him who's boss. :)

regards,  G.

Not sure with the point, G? At least we'd have 5 mill in Cdn tire $!

15 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Tomorrow: Canucks assign Pedan to Utica

tend to agree with this...I dont see WD playing him..he didnt last year and probably wont this year..I feel sorry Pedan...sliding rapidly down the depth chart when he should be given some opportunity.

6 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Not sure with the point, G? At least we'd have 5 mill in Cdn tire $!

Point out the advantage of throwing away a valuable asset... and yes, Edler is a valuable asset. Really. No fooling.

Getting rid of a player like Edler in this fashion is indeed saying to the rest of the league, "Hey, we're tanking!" Personally, I find such a strategy to be despicable and I'd give up on the team at that point.

The Canucks do gain cap space, and then do what with it? Acquire a UFA or two? Why do that when it takes away from potential playing time for the team's prospects? Not the optimal plan in my books, chum.

And for those who want a tank, if Edler is so bad then why do you want him to leave? He plays a lot of hard minutes, often with strangers for a partner, and having him do that allows the younger talents to play a more sheltered game. Either way you get your losses, and this way the prospects get to develop and gain some confidence. 

regards,  G.

58 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

the only upgrade on trading Edler and having Pedan is what we'll have back from Edler, and the draft position. We have enough guys who couldn't keep possession and could only go north and south with grinder skill

9 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Point out the advantage of throwing away a valuable asset... and yes, Edler is a valuable asset. Really. No fooling.

Getting rid of a player like Edler in this fashion is indeed saying to the rest of the league, "Hey, we're tanking!" Personally, I find such a strategy to be despicable and I'd give up on the team at that point.

The Canucks do gain cap space, and then do what with it? Acquire a UFA or two? Why do that when it takes away from potential playing time for the team's prospects? Not the optimal plan in my books, chum.

And for those who want a tank, if Edler is so bad then why do you want him to leave? He plays a lot of hard minutes, often with strangers for a partner, and having him do that allows the younger talents to play a more sheltered game. Either way you get your losses, and this way the prospects get to develop and gain some confidence. 

regards,  G.

"Chum" is a lowly salmon I recommend you don't BBQ. There's a lot at steak here. We could poach a few small fry, if we smoke some GM inna' deal.

Hmm, it's breakfast time, & I'm hungry.

2 minutes ago, BlackBeard said:

the only upgrade on trading Edler and having Pedan is what we'll have back from Edler, and the draft position. We have enough guys who couldn't keep possession and could only go north and south with grinder skill

Gotta feeling Pedan might surprise us. Stick him with Tanev, & you might have a pairing with almost every element(that's damned affordable!)

Archived