The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Jackets vs Canucks, Sunday December 18th, 1 pm @ Rogers Arena, SNP

Beary Sweet

2 hours ago, billabong said:

As a player myself, if a coach ever did that to me And publicly humiliated me in front of my teammates. I would stop competing for him too. Players will never respond to that if it happens frequently 

yes exactly.  it's bush league.

23 minutes ago, Creepy Crawler said:

I looked at the seating map for tickets to this game and there weren't many available left, but so many empty seats during the game.  I don't get it, I guess suits and businesses buys multiple tickets and nobody uses them?

ummm, there is a bit of a snowstorm going on right now.  And looking out my window no one has bothered to clear the streets (downtown).

12 minutes ago, AppleJack said:

At this point I am hoping the Canucks lose so we can finally get rid of our horrible coach. Then again I am starting to wonder what it will take for them to fire him.

They didn't fire him after a 9 game losing streak.  They didn't fire him after getting 6 goals scored on them in one period.  Get where I am going with this?

2 minutes ago, Apricot said:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey y'all, just got in(and by in I mean just got up. Had a late night, don't judge me. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez)

How we playing? 

Columbus has the slight edge of play but the Canucks have been decent enough so far.  A lot of continuous play too.

2018...Canucks up 2-1 in Game 7 of the SCF...Henrik on his last 1 year contract in on a breakaway towards an empty net to seal the deal but decides to drop pass it...other team takes it and scores to tie it and then win it on another drop pass 10 seconds later.

CDC overloads the Internet which causes all nukes to launch and destroys the planet. 

1 minute ago, Stelar said:

They didn't fire him after a 9 game losing streak.  They didn't fire him after getting 6 goals scored on them in one period.  Get where I am going with this?

They might fire him if the coach failed to comply to the management wish.   As of right now, management knows that this team is not great so it buys him time to figure which coach might be a good fit for next season.   Gallant is only one is available and I don't know if Benning thinks that he is right coach so I don't even know who else is better coach for this team.   Maybe they wanted Travis Green to coach so buying him time to figuring out the timeline.   If that is the case, it's a good case for it, buying time until Travis is ready to take over later in the season or off-season    The way I see it, as long as the Canucks still play hard, the management has no issue with effort.

Just now, Rocky Balboa said:

2018...Canucks up 2-1 in Game 7 of the SCF...Henrik on his last 1 year contract in on a breakaway towards an empty net to seal the deal but decides to drop pass it...other team takes it and scores to tie it and then win it on another drop pass 10 seconds later.

CDC overloads the Internet which causes all nukes to launch and destroys the planet. 

As long as this happens, I'll be okay with it.

Archived