The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Tryamkin was right

Davathor

Then they'll recall Pedan, & ask him to sell Bo-dogs at concession, or dress as the backup 'tender. Want size, speed, push-back & hard slappers dammitall ! Pedan with Tanev could be gold. Such a pairing could have every element, & they ain't even givin it a try.

How many posters ranted against Tree early in the yr? Most people are just too damned conservative.

Dress Biega once every 4 games as a 4th liner(gotta get his expansion-requirement).

Give Subban a game or two before the yr is out. Kid's been playin hard, & deserves at least one shot.

Give Pedan 3-5 games to see what we actually HAVE in this kid.

Test some of this depth before we SQUANDER it next fall, after camp(needlessly) trying to sneak guys through waivers.

5 hours ago, Baggins said:

His sitting out to start had nothing to do with WD misjudging his potential. It had everything to do with his conditioning level. I guess you missed that part.

“I felt, for him to be his best, he had to change his (fitness) to be ready. It’s not that he ever accepted it, but he worked at it and did it.”

He wasn't asked to go to Utica because he wasn't NHL ready. He was asked to go on a conditioning stint. I'll wager next season he will work harder in the offseason and show up to camp ready.

Pretty much what I was going to mention. The original post/article chose to refrain from mentioning the conditioning issue and made it into "WD hatez teh young playerz!" 

Even with Tryamkin getting several games off  to work on his conditioning (at his NHL pay scale) I think he looks a bit gassed every now and then. It is nice that he is playing well, now. Just imagine how well he'd be playing if he came to camp in a bit better shape, but what am I saying, he gets a pass because he's playing well and he's popular, right? 

regards,  G.

Botch is still an idiot and Train is still a good prospect. 

JB knew what Trains potential was/is and just wanted him to get in shape - something he failed to do in the off-season and something even 18/19 year old rookies do without pro experience like Train has. 

Misleading article by a hack. 

Canucks weren't wrong to ask him to go on a conditioning assignment and Train wasn't right for refusing. 

10 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Botch is still an idiot and Train is still a good prospect. 

Canucks weren't wrong to ask him to go on a conditioning assignment and Train wasn't right for refusing. 

Pretty much this. 

So how would people feel if Train refuses a reduced role/less minutes when Quads returns?   Would Botch still claim he's right? 

1 hour ago, Gollumpus said:

Pretty much what I was going to mention. The original post/article chose to refrain from mentioning the conditioning issue and made it into "WD hatez teh young playerz!" 

Even with Tryamkin getting several games off  to work on his conditioning (at his NHL pay scale) I think he looks a bit gassed every now and then. It is nice that he is playing well, now. Just imagine how well he'd be playing if he came to camp in a bit better shape, but what am I saying, he gets a pass because he's playing well and he's popular, right? 

regards,  G.

Agreed, he should work with Canucks fitness teams or qualified PT's this summer and come back in great shape. (It's not easy being a massive man)

I think him getting married and celebrating  signing in the NHL probably had something to do with not being heavily conditioned this season.

7 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Agreed, he should work with Canucks fitness teams or qualified PT's this summer and come back in great shape. (It's not easy being a massive man)

I think him getting married and celebrating  signing in the NHL probably had something to do with not being heavily conditioned this season.

I wonder if his wife is big and tall as well.

Anyways yeah if he is as fit as Chara, watch out NHL. I can't wait to see the guy in a playoffs series....

4 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I wonder if his wife is big and tall as well.

Anyways yeah if he is as fit as Chara, watch out NHL. I can't wait to see the guy in a playoffs series....

Not sure but based on the only picture I've seen, like most NHL players wives/girlfriends she's a total rocket.

16 minutes ago, IbanezRG said:

Being big may be cause for more effort in being physically prepared for camp - however, others before him have done it and it's not an excuse to be out of shape for your first pro-camp.

Being married and signing your first contract imo should've motivated him even more than the average kid with no life experience coming from the Jr ranks.

None of these reasons are excuses for Train being out of shape - a fact he still, despite the language barrier, doesn't refute. 

I don't find it acceptable that he came to Vancouver in poor conditioning, but I do recognize he did what he needed to do to rectify the situation - albeit on his terms not the Canucks' terms - this is what I have a problem with - with this issue, he put himself ahead of the team and I don't necessarily agree with that - it makes one think he's more likely to do that in the future possibly. 

I remember the time the Canucks drafted Tryamkin. 'A 6'7 Russian defenseman? Holy crap, we just got ourselves the next Chara'

The Chara comparison became nothing but a pipedream after a while. Then Tryamkin came, played and is now a regular defenseman on our lineup. He has exceeded my expectations tremendously, and I guess not just mine. Suddenly, the Chara comparison doesn't seem that ridiculous, does it?

He's a good skater. Can become a great one. Has fantastic reach. Defensive game can be better, sure. But he has the smarts. He reads the play well. Plays on the PK. And once he rounds out his defensive game, you can bet he will feel more comfortable in the ofensive zone. To expect Chara numbers from him perhaps is way too much, but the ceiling is there. A huge, physical and with great potential defenseman. I can definitely see Tyramkin facing the opposition's best forwards in a few years. And we all remember how tough was to play against Chara when he was on his prime. I think it will be no different for Tryamkin. Let's hope the Canucks develop him properly

9 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm a fan of Tryamkin's. but come on. Gudbranson's last game was Dec. 13. Tryamkin's first game was Nov.3rd and he played regularly for 20 games before Guddy went down.

Tryamkin didn't start because he came into camp out of shape. You don't lose 3% body fat in a couple of weeks if you are already in top shape. Hopefully he learns from this and comes into camp in proper condition next season. Imagine if he came to camp in shape and played the full season instead of getting a late start.

Yeah I don't know why the report said Guddy, it was Edlers injury that brought him into the line up.

And the best way to get into game shape is....by playing games

I don't entirely agree with the heading that he was right. Tram-man has been good but his game is still in need of a lot of refinement. Some time in the AHL would help this a lot but that ship has sailed so I guess everyone is jumping on the tram.

10 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah I don't know why the report said Guddy, it was Edlers injury that brought him into the line up.

And the best way to get into game shape is....by playing games

Edler was injured Nov. 26. Tanev was injured on Oct 23 and tried to play on Nov.2 but couldn't continue.Tryamkin drew in on Nov. 3.

All Nhlers work out off ice. Merely playing games is not the best way to get in shape. That's for beer league spuds. Players are expected to come into camp with a certain level of fitness. As others have mentioned, he will learn from this and hopefully comes to camp next season ready to go.

8 hours ago, FijianCanuck said:

I agree. Having a hard time being a fan of big t because of his demands. Have a feeling when he does struggle a bit he's off to Russia. 

The Canuck management agreed to his requests when they signed the contract, a little like a modified NMC only within the team and then what did management do when he followed the contract? They leaked it to their media partners to try to get the fans on their side.

Why else all the negativity from management if they already knew the clause they signed. He is likely trade bait.

I wish the posts from last year were quoted, I haven't changed my thoughts on him from the second or third game I watched him play.

Big Butt also was heavily criticized for being over weight, Horvat not so much, so no big deal there.

Archived