The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup snafu leaves SJS with only 5 Dmen vs. CGY

Mackcanuck

Sharks gifted another Win!

What kind of idiot Coach only plays 5 D on a Back to Back on the road against the Flames????

Oh wait!

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1204200?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The San Jose Sharks found themselves shorthanded on the back end Wednesday night thanks to some confusion involving the lineup card.

The Sharks were forced to play with only five defensemen against the Calgary Flames because of a last-minute switch that wasn't reflected on the official game sheet.

Paul Martin was originally listed as an active player, while Mirco Mueller was a scratch. However, Martin was ruled out shortly before the game, so Mueller was inserted in - but the club apparently didn't report the change in time.

Mueller was then deemed ineligible and removed from the game after officials noticed the discrepancy about six-and-a-half minutes into the first period.

Considering Brent Burns often plays more like a forward, the mix-up left the Sharks with just four true blue-liners against their Pacific Division rivals.

C18paZ5UQAAEN9L.jpg

Kevin Kurz ✔@KKurzCSN

Tonight's scratch sheet had Martin in, Mueller out

6:58 PM - 11 Jan 2017

C18D0JaXEAAAHsw.jpg

39 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

honestly 

smells like foul play by the flames

it happened twice to them recently and they won both games

someone start a topic on this before 1040 steals this idea

They would but he Talking Heads only cast shade on their home team ;) 

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

honestly 

So the Sharks screw up their own roster and somehow the Flames made them do it?

honestly 

There was an ex coach and GM of the Habs, who was illiterate while doing those jobs.  I forgot his name, but I remember him talking about delegating a lot of responsibilities, like filling out lineup sheets.  

honestly 

Seriously? These are two completely different situations. Ours was caused by an injury and this was a clerical error. 

It's kinda surreal, but I guess that's what happens if you make small paperwork errors!

Out of curiosity I wonder what would have happened if it was a star player. Or a playoff game? "Woops, there was a printer error and you technically aren't allowed to play Burns in Game 7".

1 hour ago, Sygvard said:

It's kinda surreal, but I guess that's what happens if you make small paperwork errors!

Out of curiosity I wonder what would have happened if it was a star player. Or a playoff game? "Woops, there was a printer error and you technically aren't allowed to play Burns in Game 7".

During the broadcast they explained that it's only a penalty and a powerplay for the other team if they point it out at the first stoppage. Otherwise the scratched player just has to leave, like last night. I think it was about 6 minutes in to the game when Calgary pointed out the error.

Archived