The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kuzma, Benning Stance on NTC waivering

goblix

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Apparently having a NTC gives you the right to stand still, feebly wave at players with your stick as they steamroll by and score.

Most know exactly who I am talking about.

Yes, the players you are alluding to have been rather horrific these past games.  They have NMCs, which means we have to protect them in the coming expansion draft too.  Does that make you happy, knowing they must be protected and we lose Granlund or Baer because of it?  :(

23 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I have no problems parting with Hansen and Burrows for the right return but it'd better be good (especially Hansen).  The Canucks forward depth is shallow as it is, to trade Hansen would make it even shallower.  Not sure what Hansen's value is but I would want at least a first round pick (think the Paul Gaustad deal a few years ago).

Put another way (if we're looking at picks at least):

For Burrows I'd hope to get a 2nd round pick

For Hansen the Canucks need to get at least a 1st round pick

With JB drafting maybe 2 picks is better than a first round pick, 2nd and 4th ?

On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Alflives said:

Can we (now) accept that JB doesn't always speak truthfully, when it's in his team's best interest?

Maybe he will actually rebuild by dumping some of the older guys?

i also heard Bob Mackenzie this morning say that if the Canucks trade a dman, it would likely be Hutton.  I sure hope that's not the case.  

What could we get for Hutton?  

I've never liked him 

4 hours ago, combover said:

Skilless bottom feeders like the Canucks should be moving all expiring contracts that they have no intention of resigning and pending ufas  and older players that can get a return to help with a rebuild not this lipstick on a pig benning specialty. Not that I have any faith in his ability to get a decent return. 

So many misses so few hits when it come to benning trade history. Hence the current state of both Utica and Vancouver. 

Hes in Europe being a scout instead of dealing with agents, players and trade partners. 

I wonder if he scouted the khl superstar Larsen himself.lol.

Vancouver of all teams has the least to worry about when it comes to expansion. out side of the top ten players on the team not to many players on this team that couldn't be easily replaced through waivers or prospects if they got a NHL coach that was competent and get the same or better results. 

Post of the day 

love the "lipstick on a pug analogy "

Burrows to Montreal with some retained salary make sense.  Worth a second.

Hansen to PIT or CHI makes sense as his cap hit is friendly. Also could get a second depending on the next ten games.

Miller is a tough one don't see an obvious partner but would be a very good injury replacement.  If Dallas was doing better they would be an obvious trading partner and we would get back a mediocre goalie for one year which could help Markstrom.  

It would be awesome if we could move either Guddy or Edler too.  And since I am probably dreaming Ericcson too.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yes, the players you are alluding to have been rather horrific these past games.  They have NMCs, which means we have to protect them in the coming expansion draft too.  Does that make you happy, knowing they must be protected and we lose Granlund or Baer because of it?  :(

Yep.  If Vegas managed to create a forward group with second or third liners that can score 20plus goals and flirt with fifty points their rebuild or build as it really is could be an epic start.  Goaltending shouldnt be a problem with Fluery the likely candidate or if not a very good back-up with better than average starting numbers. 

They will have their pick of decent defenseman with no obvious first pairing buy a decent group nonetheless.  Add next year's first to sixth overall and they will leapfrog the bottom dwellers.  Also mock drafts indicate that they should be twenty to twenty five million below the cap. Add a top forward and top defenseman via free agency and they should be a hard two points.   

Sometimes I wish there was a switch that you could pull to get two or three get out of jail cards for bad NTC so a team could start again.  Buy outs helped maybe given the difficulties of the cap era teams should be given a new buy out option every two years and they could stockpile them for times when starting fresh and clearing out cap space would be a viable option.

6 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

gal dang .. this was depressing to read .

We are in hockey pergatory 

We have a g.m that believes we already have enough youthful  high end talent ??   

Im afraid , Jim is going full retard 

stay classy

but never go full, Lulover

On 2017-02-07 at 1:16 PM, ilduce39 said:

Hate to admit it, but I still hope we sell at the deadline.  I don't mind if we stand pat if in the hunt, but if we can snag some extra picks it'd be great.

Burr to Montreal, for example, would be  awesome for everyone.  

I think for them not to be sellers they'd have to be healthy - and probably more rested/energetic than they've looked.

May just be a case of the Januaries, but the team has lost a bit of the push they had recently.

In any event, I personally would like to see Burrows have a shot with the Habs, Miller moved for futures, and ideally something like Elder to Tampa for a forward and a pick.

If Hansen had come back without losing Baertschi almost on cue, if Gudbranson weren't lost for so long and if their blueline weren't so young I'd be less inclined to sell and more inclined to try to play it out to the end in hopes of some playoff experience, but it'd take another dramatic turn for the team to look like that's a likelihood.  To their credit, they've turned it around a few times this year and have shown the ability to comeback, but in the end they need more physicality up front and more experience on their blueline to be really competitive - but they are getting closer imo and building the right way - from the net out.

Archived