The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Anton Rodin out 6 months

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks forward Anton Rodin underwent successful surgery today in Cleveland to repair his knee. A approximate timeline of 6 months is expected for recovery.

"After a period of rest, rehabilitation and follow up consults, our medical staff, Anton and Dr. Miniaci decided that surgery offered the most definitive means to address the health of his knee," said Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning. "This has been a difficult process for Anton but he is determined to make a complete recovery and has our full support."

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/anton-rodin-surgery/c-286524728

You have to think that this has a high likelyhood of brick-walling his chances to play for us, perhaps ever. It's a shame. Like a lot of people, I was excited to see him. 

I really feel for the guy, and I hope that he heals quickly. But I am not optimistic about his continuing NHL career. 

As much as I had hoped to see him again later this year, it was probably a good thing to get it done now and start the rehab as soon as possible. He'll be back in form for next year. I would have wanted to really see what he can do, but it'll have to wait for now..

Of course we finally get a promising prospect look like he could make an impact for us and he gets injured. 

I'm thinking that's the last we see of him. If he doesn't leave for Europe, we should have alot more right wing depth next year to make it tougher for him to land a spot.

5 minutes ago, jmfaminoff said:

That sucks. 

Well it could be a blessing for him.

6 months = he has almost 2 months to get in shape for next year. More, if he ends up ahead of schedule. 

Who did the surgery on his knee the first time? I don't know, but this time around he's got top shelf doctors/care at his disposal so I'll assume if something wasn't done correctly, it will be this time. He just turned 26 so it's not like he's old and falling apart. 

If I were him I'd probably be relieved. Now he can just focus on healing and giving it another shot next year with (hopefully) a 100% rebuilt and healthy leg.

2 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Well it could be a blessing for him.

6 months = he has almost 2 months to get in shape for next year. More, if he ends up ahead of schedule. 

Who did the surgery on his knee the first time? I don't know, but this time around he's got top shelf doctors/care at his disposal so I'll assume if something wasn't done correctly, it will be this time. He just turned 26 so it's not like he's old and falling apart. 

If I were him I'd probably be relieved. Now he can just focus on healing and giving it another shot next year with (hopefully) a 100% rebuilt and healthy leg.

Before this surgery I was wondering who did the first one as he was having a difficult time recovering.  Let's hope it's done right this time and he goes on to have a good career.

Archived