The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, darkpoet said:

I thought about that too. Close quarters and all, 5 day break...... hey Tanev pass me that MaoTai ! Granlund- yeah me too lemme try it! ...... etc 

No big surprise Bo dosen't have the mumps.  He was likely resting, as the others should have been.  Bo is the King!!!!

48 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Painful testicular inflammation develops in 15–40 percent of men who have completed puberty and contract the mumps virus.[8] This testicular inflammation is generally one-sided (both testicles are swollen in 15–30 percent of mumps orchitis cases) and typically occurs about 10 days after the parotid gland inflamed.[8] Testicular swelling has been documented as late as six weeks after parotid gland swelling.

Ouch. Would make skating a joyous experience im sure 

Can you imagine poor Tryamkin's case ?  His would weigh more than this:

Gaudreau.jpg

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

CAN WE ALL AGREE TO AVOID ANTI VAX TALK AND KEEP IT TO HOCKEY PLEASE!!!!!!

AND YES i KNOW i HAD A RANT THERE COMPLETE WITH IMAGES SO i APOLOGIZE.

As long as you keep the rant and images up.  It makes a very salient point that the willfully ignorant of the world need to see and understand.

52 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Painful testicular inflammation develops in 15–40 percent of men who have completed puberty and contract the mumps virus.[8] This testicular inflammation is generally one-sided (both testicles are swollen in 15–30 percent of mumps orchitis cases) and typically occurs about 10 days after the parotid gland inflamed.[8] Testicular swelling has been documented as late as six weeks after parotid gland swelling.

Ouch. Would make skating a joyous experience im sure 

Well... as least its one-sided :blink:

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

Terrible news. This pretty much kills our playoff chances. Can't have any injuries/sicknesses if we want to stay in the race. Wish them a speedy recovery and hope we get them back down the stretch as we try to get into the playoffs

Playoffs?  You're forgetting this little guy.  B)

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

When I had the mumps I seriously didn't feel any different at all and my chipmunk face lasted like 2 days. People are acting like it's a new airborne strain of Ebola. It's nothing. 

I think its the impending doom feeling that comes along with TDL and the Canucks. We were hoping for picks and prospects and all we're going to end up with is 5 guys with sore nuts. 

2 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Terrible news. This pretty much kills our playoff chances. Can't have any injuries/sicknesses if we want to stay in the race. Wish them a speedy recovery and hope we get them back down the stretch as we try to get into the playoffs

THIS killed their playoffs chances? No, they're a bad team, that's what killed it.

2 minutes ago, ice orca said:

What age did you have it?

Maybe 12? I also had the chicken pox and and only got 3. It's almost like a virus goes into my body, takes a look around and is like" dear god this is a depressing place, let's get the F$&& out of here guys" 

Archived