The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm not man enough to take back what I said, nor coward enough to turn my back on my convictions.

This is a VERY serious thing and people are rightfully worried it could affect our possibility to trade during the upcoming TDL, but then it could also affect any number of players on the last 3 teams we played against should they have come in to contact with it.

That is only secondary to the actual health of our players and team because mumps may be a funny name but it's far from funny in its potential severity.

Thanks for post 

my grandson is having a birthday party and a few kids will not be attending because they attended Canuck hockey games this past week . My grandson attended the Flames game an he displays no symptom's. But will go ahead with the party .The other 2 boys are taking a precautionary approach which is fine also.Rumour has it there is at least a school in lower mainland that has had outbreaks among its students.

On 2/24/2017 at 3:53 PM, PistolPete13 said:

Just God's way of saying you're not making the playoffs so Start working the phones. -_-

Gentleman Jim Benning: "Hey, guys, thanks for joining me on the conference call. Just an hour to go before the cut-off, and I haven't heard back from any of y'all on Burrows, Miller or Hansen. Here, I'm just sent out email blasts with photos taken of our entire team just before a game against Calgary two weeks back. Don't they all look healthy!? Good lads, all. .... Hello? Hello? ... %!!*$*##@&!!"

2 hours ago, WiseOne said:

I don't want to turn this thread into a vaccination thread, but the proof of what you are saying is very minimal and debatable.

Go look at CDC facts. It reduces your chance doesnt give you complete immunity. If you do contract it wont be as bad as someone who didn't get vaccinated

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Could this be an emergency call up situation.... got Tate Olson sitting up here in PG :o

Damn, we do need a dman who enjoys punching faces in...

And we're playing the Sharts, they've got a few mugs that need an adjustment. 

Back on topic - wasn't Crosby out for weeks with the mumps? They tried fitting a helmet to his mega swollen scrotum but unfortunately couldn't find hockey pants large enough to fit over Sid's huge butt and helmet-jock.

At least it's infected guys we shouldn't be trading. This shouldn't change their game plan for the DL at all, better not. There's no way they're holding on to this playoffs fantasy.

This thread is one of my favorites, y'all  with the jokes and memes are really killing it :lol:

I hope the guys recuperate well, and soon! I was looking forward to wearing one of my Granlund jerseys and cheering for him at the game next Thurs :(

I have studied microbiology and infectious disease a bit,  vaccines and these sicknesses are no joke! Get your shots, guys! 

Archived