The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Terrible news. This pretty much kills our playoff chances. Can't have any injuries/sicknesses if we want to stay in the race. Wish them a speedy recovery and hope we get them back down the stretch as we try to get into the playoffs

We're EIGHT points back with only 1 game in hand. 

It's not happening, and all of us should be glad it's not. This team isn't good enough to win a playoff game, never mind a round. It's just the truth. We need to sell and we need to keep turning this roster over and jettisoning what's still left of that old (and stale hi Torts) core.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Stecher, just got a puppy and now has mumps. Did we sign a 12 year old? :lol:

You just have to laugh now, its really getting ridiculous. The hockey gods are trying to tell Jim something... 

The hockey gods want to showcase subban and co. before the trade deadline. Subban for Duchene. Get it done JB!

7 minutes ago, The Weasel said:

The hockey gods want to showcase subban and co. before the trade deadline. Subban for Duchene. Get it done JB!

I'm wondering if JB is keeping Subban in Utica on purpose as trade bait. Right now the kid is all name and potential, if he comes up here and sucks for 5 games it really lowers his trade value. I bet his name is in the mix on a number of deals. 

That's unfortunate... It's exciting watching these guys... Hope they recover for a few more games this season. FREAKIN' MARKUS YOU'RE CLOSE TO 20 GOALS!!! :(

Ah well, let's just hope it doesn't take long for them to come back.

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

This team is officially cursed:

Training camp (tank)

Can't score (tank)

Injuries (tank)

Got mumps (tank)

Deadline (tank)

Expansion draft (tank)

Faded (tank)

Faded (tank)

Pretty sure I'm the only one that got this K Dot reference. Well played sir.

48 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

As long as you keep the rant and images up.  It makes a very salient point that the willfully ignorant of the world need to see and understand.

I'm not man enough to take back what I said, nor coward enough to turn my back on my convictions.

This is a VERY serious thing and people are rightfully worried it could affect our possibility to trade during the upcoming TDL, but then it could also affect any number of players on the last 3 teams we played against should they have come in to contact with it.

That is only secondary to the actual health of our players and team because mumps may be a funny name but it's far from funny in its potential severity.

On 2/24/2017 at 2:17 PM, TheCammer said:

If we aren't able to make a trade because of the mumps I will officially be handing in my Canucks Fan card. This team has gotten a raw deal since Day 1. My 46 years on the bandwagon may be coming to a conclusion.

DON'T JUMP OFF NOW, WE'RE JUST FIVE HAIL MARYS AND A REFEREE KIDNAPPING AWAY FROM STANLEY'S MUG!!!!!

Archived