The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

6 hours ago, Jaimito said:

dont spreading ignorance. Unless you been to med school, studied life sciences, have good epidemiology understanding, stop posting crap.  You probably have no clue how the immune system even works.

Yet you cannot counter any of the facts presented, including how the immune system works.  You obviously do not know because you call it "crap" without substantive response, thus commit the fallacy of dismissal and bring nothing but denial.  Appeals to authority are also fallacious and not proof of anything, and proof of that is simply talking to them -- they are indoctrinated and told what to believe.  I know and have talked with many of them, on both sides of the issue.  Some believe what they are told flat out, and others actually question and research for themselves.  I've done the latter, have you?  I know doctors and nurses who won't touch vaccines, because they know at least some of the truth about them.

6 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Big pharma would make far more money without vaccines.  Think of all the polio victims.....

Vaccines create lifelong customers through the induction of auto-immune diseases and syndromes.  Go ask a doctor or nurse how auto-immune diseases arise; they have no answer, just as they have no cures.  All they have are... treatments of symptoms.  Drugs, from the same companies that pay for their junkets and golf tourneys.  Yeah and I know first hand, as my father was a pharmacist and got all those perks from them along with the propaganda.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

It's official Vancouver must be in full tank mode.  Next up Miller and Burrows are traded to Dallas and Montreal for a first and second round pick plus Neimi comes our way...

I'd say the trading of Eaves means the Stars will not be buying in any way, shape or form...

59 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The pressure to draft Nedved was intense, playing as he did for Seattle.  He just got a bit ratty after Bure arrived on the scene and stole the limelight.  Then the fans turned on him when he asked for Gretzky's stick after a playoff loss.  He had a few good years with us, the Pens and the Rangers. Not the class of Jagr, but honestly, would Mario Jr be the same player without the big guy's mentoring?

Jagr would have done just fine without Mario and instead enjoying Linden Bure Mogilny and co...Quite the pp no doubt.  Also he didn't play with Mario much and did just fine on his own... Including some bofo seasons in Washington in the middle of the dead puck era.  The year Dallas won the cup they allowed something like 163 goals....Just brutal.

6 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I know and have talked with many of them, on both sides of the issue.  Some believe what they are told flat out, and others actually question and research for themselves.  I've done the latter, have you?  I know doctors and nurses who won't touch vaccines, because they know at least some of the truth 

Naturopathic doctors you have spoken to? Just curious. 

This thread is nuts.

6 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Terrible news. This pretty much kills our playoff chances. Can't have any injuries/sicknesses if we want to stay in the race. Wish them a speedy recovery and hope we get them back down the stretch as we try to get into the playoffs

Really? This killed our 1.9% chance at the playoffs?

Just now, DeNiro said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say the team is more exciting with Grenier, Labate, and Subban in the lineup.

Especially Labate. Out of all, I hope he sticks with us for the remainder of the season

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say the team is more exciting with Grenier, Labate, and Subban in the lineup.

Just now, Odd. said:

Especially Labate. Out of all, I hope he sticks with us for the remainder of the season

I was gunna say just Subban alone based on the fact that everyone wants to see what he can do at the NHL level. even if it is just for a game/just to gauge where he is at in his development. 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My guess would be:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Burrows - Horvat - Eriksson

Boucher - Sutter - Megna

LaBate - Gaunce - Skille

Grenier

Edler - Biega

Hutton - Larsen

Sbisa - McEneny

Subban

Miller

Markstrom

Because of vaccinations we don't see images like these as commonplace anymore and that is a damned good thing.So unless you can provide PROOF that isn't derived from Jenny mcarthy just don't.  Because NOBODY ever deserves to see their child suffer from these issues and you should be damned frigging glad about that and shaking the hand of a gd scientist every time you meet one and saying thank you.

Fallacy of assertion, prejudicial conjecture, and simple mindless thoughtless parroting of propaganda.  If you actually did research for yourself you'd at least have something to stand upon, rather than just bleating out the propaganda you've been fed all your life and believed because "authority" said so.  It's like you read it from a big pharma brochure -- how 'bout that "can of tuna"?

You simply assume vaccines work and make a blank baseless assertion, yet know nothing of the real history behind diseases and their eradication.  Go look up actual government statistics correlated with vaccine introduction and see for yourself.  You are so inculcated with presumptions you are unable to even see the fallacies in your statements, let alone question what you've been told.  Fact is, "NOBODY ever deserves to see their child suffer AND DIE from vaccines".  I can post pictures of what vaccines to do people, including babies, too.  See how that works?

Now keep it to hockey, not hokey new age crap that every scientist biologist and doctor worth the title has laughed at resoundingly k.

I spoke on science not mysticism... yet you cannot even counter the facts given, just reactive emotive ranting.  Lost count of all the logical fallacies.

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

CAN WE ALL AGREE TO AVOID ANTI VAX TALK AND KEEP IT TO HOCKEY PLEASE!!!!!!

AND YES i KNOW i HAD A RANT THERE COMPLETE WITH IMAGES SO i APOLOGIZE.

Sure, if you agree to stop your "PRO-VAX" parroting of propaganda and lies (which you just could NOT resist!).  See how that works?  You offered absolutely ZERO factual content or rebuttal, just opinions and parroting of what you've been told to believe -- complete anti-intellectualism -- and then bullyboy anyone who disagrees with you to "SHUT UP!" 

I brought this up in the first place because inevitably brainwashed people will panic and start demanding mandatory vaccinations and such because they have no clue about the issue, let alone anything about the related health and scientific issues behind it.  Fortunately more and more people are losing the fear and actually questioning and investigating for themselves.

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

What's up with hockey players and the mumps anyhow?  Isn't this something your kid brother gets in grade school if you are older than 40?  

The Mumps vaccine has been around for 50 years.  Even though cases have gone down by up to 99%, to this day every once in a while there are outbreaks at places like college campuses where it only takes 1 infected person to quickly spread it to others since the efficacy rate of the mumps vaccine is 88%.

Archived