The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

Wow all of this Juolevi debate is being overshadowed by Dahlen's spectacular 4 goal performance. Like wow. He makes it look so easy too when he gets into the slot or when he's on a breakaway. Unreal. The way this kid is going, he's looking like he's going to be a good call up from Utica next year. He has a nice silky shot also. Love watching the kid play and I hope he continues to help out Timra on their playoff run. Keep it up, Jonathan

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Wow all of this Juolevi debate is being overshadowed by Dahlen's spectacular 4 goal performance. Like wow. He makes it look so easy too when he gets into the slot or when he's on a breakaway. Unreal. The way this kid is going, he's looking like he's going to be a good call up from Utica next year. He has a nice silky shot also. Love watching the kid play and I hope he continues to help out Timra on their playoff run. Keep it up, Jonathan

I think it looks this way mostly because dahlen is playing on a team against opponents a tier below the competition he's used to facing.

12 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

I think it looks this way mostly because dahlen is playing on a team against opponents a tier below the competition he's used to facing.

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarification. Knew he played for Timra but didn't know it was a different tier so level of competition is somewhat a bit more easier but imo no level of competition is easy. You have to work hard to get to where you want to be and it all starts from the lower tier and working your way up

2 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Ahh I see. Thanks for the clarification. Knew he played for Timra but didn't know it was a different tier so level of competition is somewhat a bit more easier but imo no level of competition is easy. You have to work hard to get to where you want to be and it all starts from the lower tier and working your way up

seems to be dominating in the games he's been playing. really curious to see how his game translates across the pond here in north america, and north american ice rink where there's less time and space for him to make plays. i'm rooting for him, but also very curious to see what kind of player we've got. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

You can't fake roofing the puck...from any angle and with speed...Dahlen does that...I don't think there is a goalie who would have stopped any of those roofers.

It just remains to be seen if he can handle the pace and heavier hitting, if he can he is going to score some goals.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is his development best in the .SEL or in the AHL?

I would guess AHL.

get him use to this style of hockey, work with him closer, strength train and condition him as a pro etc.

• Upvote 1