The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Dahlén | C/LW

Mathew Barzal

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He’s a mini Jagr.  His game is better suited for our smaller ice.  He will be the biggest positive surprise next October.  

I hear there might be room for some rookies next year. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

JB said something about Dahlen coming over to play for Utica in the playoffs, once the kid is finished up winning his series.

I heard that too. I don't know what the timing of his current series is, there may not be time. I'd like to see Dahlen lead his team to a series win vs. one or two games here tbh. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I heard that too. I don't know what the timing of his current series is, there may not be time. I'd like to see Dahlen lead his team to a series win vs. one or two games here tbh. 

Me too, but I think the Utica playoffs start well after Dahlen will be done in Sweden.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Me too, but I think the Utica playoffs start well after Dahlen will be done in Sweden.

The AHL season lasts a full week longer than the NHL. The Comets final regular season game ends on April 15 and the playoffs will start sometime between the 18th and 20th. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Don't get me wrong, nice hands indeed,  but equally impressive - in a bad way - is the poor quality d-coverage  on display in that clip.

Blown coverages happen in every single league - the trick is, only skilled players with high hockey IQ's are able to exploit those situations.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Blown coverages happen in every single league - the trick is, only skilled players with high hockey IQ's are able to exploit those situations.  

A single reason the Canucks are not in the play-offs. the same plays happen in every league just the calibre is getting bigger and faster expect this to be a stellar pick up.............

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Game 6 wednesday, possible Game 7 friday.. After that season is finished

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

If Dahlen loses tomorrow then I think there is a very good chance he plays in Edmonton! Personally hoping he wins and takes it to a game 7 but would be exciting to see him in the NHL.

Me too. It's win win either way. Having him there for the twins final game would be amazing for him.  Let him see live the love and passion for the 2 Swedes. Could be a huge glimpse into what it means to be a Canuck legend. I believe Dahlen and Pettersson could both be legends themselves.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Me too. It's win win either way. Having him there for the twins final game would be amazing for him.  Let him see live the love and passion for the 2 Swedes. Could be a huge glimpse into what it means to be a Canuck legend. I believe Dahlen and Pettersson could both be legends themselves.

Its going to be interesting to see how today's game plays out. How strong is his drive? Can he will them into a 7th game?

59 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Its going to be interesting to see how today's game plays out. How strong is his drive? Can he will them into a 7th game?

I think he can, They need a bit of lucka with the bounces aswell, a couple Karlskrona goals has been Lucky bounces and hopefully They are out of lucka and Timrå can have some, need to get the PP going like last Game and earlier season precis Karlskrona games this time aswell and it Should be possible! This is pretty much a game between Toronto Marlies and buffalo, Should give a feel on how hard it is to win this series.. The first 3 forwards and goalie in Karlskrona has about the same Yearly salary as the whole Timrå team

If I heard Benning right between periods last night he seemed to hint that it would be more likely that if Dahlen loses today that he will head straight to Utica. I would love to see his team move on, I would to see him here for Saturday, and I would love to see him head to Utica in time to see him help the Comets go on a playoff run. There is no scenario that isn't a positive for his development.

• Haha 1