The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

2 hours ago, rekker said:

One step forward and one step back. He needs a full year on the squad next year. If he doesn't figure it out by then he may be on waivers.

yep, give him the year and hope he steps up, if he doesn't, package him in a trade and wish him the best. I think that he will step up next year though and am excited by his offensive potential, we have to few of those guys.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

yep, give him the year and hope he steps up, if he doesn't, package him in a trade and wish him the best. I think that he will step up next year though and am excited by his offensive potential, we have to few of those guys.

Ya. He shows glimpses of creativity that this team lacks. Seems like a good kid who just needs to figure it out. The compete and consistancy it takes to be an NHLer. 

I think that a lot of Goldobin's future rests with the draft lottery/draft.  I feel that he is going to be a top 6 or bust type player.  If we draft Svech or Zadina, They are likey NHL ready next year.  We are likely to see Petterssen as well.

Top 6 of:

Horvat

Sutter (who else plays 2C?)

Pettersen

Boeser

Svech/Zadina

Baertschi

Virtanen will push as well.   I just don't see much of a place for Goldbin in there.  

8 hours ago, BCNate said:

I think that a lot of Goldobin's future rests with the draft lottery/draft.  I feel that he is going to be a top 6 or bust type player.  If we draft Svech or Zadina, They are likey NHL ready next year.  We are likely to see Petterssen as well.

Top 6 of:

Horvat

Sutter (who else plays 2C?)

Pettersen

Boeser

Svech/Zadina

Baertschi

Virtanen will push as well.   I just don't see much of a place for Goldbin in there.  

Top 6 will be, IMO: 

- Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Svech/Zadina (if Dahlin is gone, and we land #2 or #3 in the draft lottery, anything lower than that, and I think management takes a dman - Boqvist most likely), and Baertschi. I can't really see Sutter being in the top six. Green hasn't used him much in his top six even this season until the injuries started piling up. I can see Virtanen in a third line role next season, with some improvement to his offense. Sutter, I see either in a third line role, or a fourth line centreman (damn expensive one too unfortunately). 

IF the Sedins come back, then I see them taking third line duties, and that'll push Virtanen to the fourth line (god I hope not). 

Gaudette isn't a gaurantee either. He might push for a top six (would be awesome), but I think he may start on the third line, even the fourth line as a winger. 

9 hours ago, reyezone said:

This guy is changing my mind with his effort in the last couple games. I had written him off- but with continued developement he could be a legit top 6. 

maybe he's finally "getting it" 

The Green treatment. working for Jake, now Goldy, and hopefully Leipsic as well. 

• Upvote 1

Still a bit too perimeter for my liking but he is improving and he is putting up points. So that's good.

He's still going to have to show a lot more than this if he wants to maintain a spot next fall with a healthy roster and a bunch of talented new kids breathing down his neck.

50 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I haven't been watching a ton of Canucks hockey, but I'm watching tonight and Goldobin looks like a new man compared to what I saw two weeks ago.

Don't know what he had for dinner before this game, but he should eat it again before every game :lol:

Edited by aGENT
  • Haha 1