The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Joseph Cramarossa off waivers

I can appreciate the desire to get some grit into the lineup but this guy has very little scoring ability.  I mean, he was free so nothing lost and zero downside, but seeing some of the other names that came up earlier on the waiver wire looked more tempting with far more potential upside, imo.

Still, our 4th line hasn't exactly done much contributing so this pickup certainly doesnt hurt.  In Benning I trust.

Good, extra body. Eases pressure off Labate. Probably gets re-signed as he's RFA. Young.

That said, if the Canucks need an extra body -- why haven't they signed Curtis Valk to a deal yet? Seems like with all these openings he's the forgotten man. He scores and deserves a shot even though he is small.

19 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Uh, look at his deployment. Look at his wingers. Look at the blueline supporting him.

He's been exceptional given the circumstances..

Thanks for having the patience. I couldn't even be bothered to reply :lol:

Just now, hammertime said:

If your Mcphee you take him ahead of Sbisa?? I would think you could trade Sbisa for a better asset than Gaunce.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

We're not likely to protect him over Baer/Granlund and I'm assuming a D is moved ahead of the ED...pretty much leaves Gaunce

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

I've watched 4 games and all I saw was the same thing. When he gets the puck, he does what he wants with it. Getting the puck is the problem. He just didn't seem to have the tenacity to do whatever it takes to get the puck. He's no closer to the NHL than he was when he got sent down. A guy with his size and skill set should owning the AHL. Not barely surviving it. 

No offense, I find it hard to believe that you're watching games if that's what you see.  jake is playing with good tenacity and he is a takeaway machine.  Easily the best player on the Comets for stealing pucks and, in a lot of ways, reminds of me of Stone in Ottawa.

In that case your probably right. My feeling is though that we won't be moving a D. 

I would be sad to loose Gaunce. I think he's a sleeper to really surprise next season.

It's not likely to happen today but at some point between the end of our season and before the ED I'd all but guarantee we'll be moving one of Edler, Tanev or Sbisa.

Just now, J.R. said:

It's not likely to happen today but at some point between the end of our season and before the ED I'd all but guarantee we'll be moving one of Edler, Tanev or Sbisa.

When does Tanev's NTC kick in. He would be the guy I'd move. As we could take an expensive 1st liner in return that none of the others would net us. Also I'm kinda worried about the amount of cap space JB has. He's a better trader than he is at signing UFA's. 

When does Tanev's NTC kick in. He would be the guy I'd move. As we could take an expensive 1st liner in return that none of the others would net us. Also I'm kinda worried about the amount of cap space JB has. He's a better trader than he is at signing UFA's. 

Tanev's NTC doesn't kick in until July (after the ED) ;) Tanev + one of Baer/Granlund for a nice, shiny forward upgrade and a pick please.

We have tons of cap and Benning is just fine signing UFA's.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Tanev's NTC doesn't kick in until July (after the ED) ;) Tanev + one of Baer/Granlund for a nice, shiny forward upgrade and a pick please.

I think he's got his fingers in the ncaa pie once again

44 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Good, extra body. Eases pressure off Labate. Probably gets re-signed as he's RFA. Young.

That said, if the Canucks need an extra body -- why haven't they signed Curtis Valk to a deal yet? Seems like with all these openings he's the forgotten man. He scores and deserves a shot even though he is small.

I agree, even Archie would have been a better choice, at least he can score. 

Still let's give him a chance, he may be a late developer - and he's fast.

8 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Of course, we no longer need to trade one of them, unless it's to take on an ED-eligible player or to protect Gaunce.  And of course to increase the return.

Just now, J.R. said:

I like JB I love a lot of what he has done. Buuuut he over paid Loui, Sbisa, Dorsett, and Miller basically every UFA he has signed. Though I would say that Miller and Sbisa are finally worth their cap hit several seasons after their signing. Absolutely nothing against those players either it's not their fault they found money. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think he's got his fingers in the ncaa pie once again

Yeah, if he snags Reese too.... More writing on the wall that one of Baer/Granlund is not long for the Canucks IMO. Getting a bit crowded with top 6 wingers ::D

Tanev + Baer for Domi please ::D

Domi, Horvat, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin, Reese, Granlund, Boucher, Virtanen, Gaudette, Lockwood etc.... So much for our 'poor forward prospect depth' :towel:

Archived