The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Joseph Cramarossa off waivers

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Of course, we no longer need to trade one of them, unless it's to take on an ED-eligible player or to protect Gaunce.  And of course to increase the return.

Yup. I'm thinking upgrade. That and our wings are getting awfully crowded. Domi, Landeskog or similar to play on Horvat's W would be my preference.

Landeskog would probably cost us Hutton instead of Tanev though and we'd still need to move a D for the ED.

1 hour ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Uh, look at his deployment. Look at his wingers. Look at the blueline supporting him.

He's been exceptional given the circumstances..

I can count at least a dozen grade A scoring chances that he whiffed on so far this season. 99% of NHL forwards have been a scorer at some point in their career. It's not like it's something new to these guys. 

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Hate to say it but Gaunce is likely headed to Vegas this summer.

Sbisa remains the obvious candidate.  Also would not be surprised to see Dorsett selected if we find a way to move or protect  Luca?

Danny, Hank, Loui, Sutter, Bo, Granlund & Baer            Guddy, Edler & Tanev

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Sbisa remains the obvious candidate.  Also would not be surprised to see Dorsett selected if we find a way to move or protect  Luca?

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

We're not likely to protect him over Baer/Granlund and I'm assuming a D is moved ahead of the ED...pretty much leaves Gaunce

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

Yup. 

But I think we'll be moving a D (Edler, Tanev or Sbisa) ahead of the ED leaving Gaunce as the next best guy exposed.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

It's not likely to happen today but at some point between the end of our season and before the ED I'd all but guarantee we'll be moving one of Edler, Tanev or Sbisa.

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Dorsett might be exempt.  

From the NHL website:  Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

Just now, J.R. said:

Not signed in

LOL, I should read all posts before replying with you...  

Lets hope a D gets traded. I remain voting Edler, but...  Has the deadline hit yet?  My sense of timing is a bit off overseas.

54 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I agree, even Archie would have been a better choice, at least he can score. 

Still let's give him a chance, he may be a late developer - and he's fast.

Then you're still pulling players away from the Comets when we've already left them pretty short. I wondered if we weren't going to either look at more depth for the Canucks or AHL deals today just because we've really been pilfering players from them.

The good news for the Comets might no come until later I guess, where they may get a look at a number of players to close out the season. Maybe they see Dahlen, Boeser could sign and go to Utica, perhaps Gaunce goes down closer to playoffs, etc.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Tanev's NTC doesn't kick in until July (after the ED) ;) Tanev + one of Baer/Granlund for a nice, shiny forward upgrade and a pick please.

We have tons of cap and Benning is just fine signing UFA's.

Given how often Benning referred to Sven and Bo during his press conference today I doubt he is thinking of moving Baertschi. 

Archived