The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Joseph Cramarossa off waivers

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Not to worry, Crammer will likely help keep us from getting shellacked but he's not going to all of a sudden get us in the playoffs.

How do you know he won't Cram us into a wild card spot? Do you doubt his cramming prowess?

I like this pickup by the Canucks.

Very happy with Benning's work this trade deadline to be honest. 

Now we just need to reduce the Sedins role especially on the PP and see what we have in some of these young guys.

Hansen and Burrows for (essentially) Dahlen, Goldobin, Cramarossa, and a potential 1st round pick is solid. Even if it's only a 4th it is still a huge step in the right direction. Bravo Jim

Labate, Crammer, Gudbranson is a nice step up in the toughness department compared to where they were 2 years ago with poor Dorsett's face being speed bagged more often than not.  Now need another rugged player with skill in the top 6.

Just now, SILLY GOOSE said:

I really hope not :(  I feel like he is just beginning to find his stride in the league

We're not likely to protect him over Baer/Granlund and I'm assum,ing a D is moved ahead of the ED...pretty much leaves Gaunce

58 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I must not be in the right site. I have never seen such a positive CDC as I have seen in the past 2 days.....this has to be an aberration.

New world order... CDC is a world of positive posts... :)

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Hate to say it but Gaunce is likely headed to Vegas this summer.

Yes . He should have been the player inserted up An down the lines an power play these past 2 months to chrck his offensive prowess out Willie system has not been conducive to scoring chances an opportunity's. 

Just now, The Flash⚡ said:

The ppl that will be protected are 

Sedins 

Eriksson 

Sutter 

Horvat 

Baertschi 

Granlund 

Edler 

Tanev 

Gudbranson 

Marky 

we could trade Edler at the draft for prospect and pick or Sbisa for prospect.

Yup. 

But I think we'll be moving a D (Edler, Tanev or Sbisa) ahead of the ED leaving Gaunce as the next best guy exposed.

Not a bad idea bringing this guy in some much needed grit to drop the gloves and protect some small young/softer teammates that will be playing the rest of the season and allow them to do their thing plus it'll help depth for Utica.

Also like this because you gotta feel a bit for guy like Labate makes strong clean hit the other night then basically has to fend himself against the whole Sharks team and absolutely nobody to help him . Not cool and not fair to him at all.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It'd be nice to give them both extended looks down the stretch but Benning also has obligations to Utica.

The Comets still have an outside chance at the playoffs and will need some players back if they are to have any hope of getting in.

On that note, hopefully we also remember to paper our youngsters this year so they can join the Utica roster (if the Comets manage to squeeze into the postseason).

Recalling them back up would burn some post deadline recalls. Just send them down for real and let Utica use them.

Archived