The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks claim Joseph Cramarossa off waivers

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

Thing is I'm still pretty bummed. Burr and Hansen are my 2 favourite players. Our FWD group without those 2 is completely devoid of any kind of battle/tenacity. We for sure go full tank next season too. Which is the right move but as a fan its gonna be hard to watch.  

No doubt though JB's deadline moves were a big win. But were gonna win by loosing and loosing a lot.

Not as hard as trying to make it and failing mierably

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Hahaha with whom? We just traded our best 2 shutdown fwds. Were going full rebuild it's the right thing to do. Just hard to see Burr and Hansen in dif sweaters.

ugh, seeing hansen ina sharks sweaters gunna be weird, dont think it'll suite him at all.

2 hours ago, KKnight said:

just as long as they play reliable defensive hockey. We know they will bring the physicality. 

I would prefer someone decently young like LaBate and Cramarossa for the RW but wouldn't be opposed to getting a veteran like Fehr or Laich either. 

49 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Really didn't like seeing Miller ran last night and the team showing 0 response.  This guy and Labate need to be fixtures on the 4th line going forward.

looked like an honestl play, the detroit player looked genuinly concerned for miller.

5 hours ago, Pears said:

I'd like someone a little better than Dorsett but yea, that could be the best 4th line we've had in years. 

Willie won't allow Dorsett to be out of the lineup if he's healthy though. 

I'm not a big fan of Dorsett, or Eriksson for that matter.

But again we are never going to like all the players on a team so it is what it is I guess in the words of a former Canuck.

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

Yeah, if he snags Reese too.... More writing on the wall that one of Baer/Granlund is not long for the Canucks IMO. Getting a bit crowded with top 6 wingers ::D

Tanev + Baer for Domi please ::D

Domi, Horvat, Boeser, Dahlen, Goldobin, Reese, Granlund, Boucher, Virtanen, Gaudette, Lockwood etc.... So much for our 'poor forward prospect depth' :towel:

ha you mentioned top 6 winger crowding then you exchanged one for another. Though Domi would be quite the upgrade at LW and reuniting him w Horvat would be pretty exciting and unlikely since he is the face of the franchise. However I wonder if we could pry Keller from Arizona they have a bit of a log jam of highly touted young C's Dvorak Strome Keller Mcinnis Merkley. 

1 hour ago, 70seven said:

Ducks fan base on HF are pretty miffed about losing this kid, and ripping team management for it. Many felt he was their best energy 4th liner.  Speed, Hits, Truculence.  Defs something we need more of!  

Especially with Burrows and Hansen gone, he's just what we need.  PK is gonna be hurting, but we need that element of grit, too.

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

"The Ducks are going to have to do a better job with Matthew Tkachuk, in front of the net, in front of the goal crease..."

...and right at that moment Cramarossa engages.  Simply awesome.

B)

He's not a Rypien but holds his own, and gets in some pretty good shots.  Certainly a better scrapper than Labate, who at least is willing to show up though.  Not many true heavyweights around now, so a good middleweight is nice to have.  If he proves to have a good work ethic, not much of a stretch to say that he may well be a Dorsett replacement in short order.

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

ha you mentioned top 6 winger crowding then you exchanged one for another. Though Domi would be quite the upgrade at LW and reuniting him w Horvat would be pretty exciting and unlikely since he is the face of the franchise. However I wonder if we could pry Keller from Arizona they have a bit of a log jam of highly touted young C's Dvorak Strome Keller Mcinnis Merkley. 

Don't forget Tony Duclair.

If you want elite speed and young potential scoring.

12 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Especially with Burrows and Hansen gone, he's just what we need.  PK is gonna be hurting, but we need that element of grit, too.

...and right at that moment Cramarossa engages.  Simply awesome.

B)

He's not a Rypien but holds his own, and gets in some pretty good shots.  Certainly a better scrapper than Labate, who at least is willing to show up though.  Not many true heavyweights around now, so a good middleweight is nice to have.  If he proves to have a good work ethic, not much of a stretch to say that he may well be a Dorsett replacement in short order.

He and some day LaBate should be able to take the pressure off Dorsett from doing it all. How many years left for Dorsett anyway?

Archived