The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bachman on Horvat (NHL.com article)

Laheys Liquor

43 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Hard to think of two players with less in common than Horvat and Kassian.

Cue Horvat crashing into a lamp post with two call girls and a kilo of Tony Montana's finest.

Well he's not the only one to have Horvat as his favorite player after Kassian got traded. But you're certainly spot on, they essentially have nothing in common.

I am so excited for Bo and where Bo is going to lead this team. This kid is the real deal, a rare commodity. 

Love everything about Bo. Work ethic, character, class act on and off the ice. You can't put a price on that. Priceless. He has become a leader of this team at such a young age and he's only getting better. I see him becoming a consistent scorer for us for many years every season. Keep up the good work, Bo! You deserve the recognition 

2 hours ago, hearditall said:

Worried??? Is it coming from your pocket???  He's worth Gold to this Team... 

Lock him up 10 years $50-mill.... 

Steal....

Max contract length is 7 years, 8 to resign your own.

Nobody should get a 10 year contract. Unless you are a superstar.

Even then I rather overpay a little to get a shorter term with less risk at the end of the deal.

1 hour ago, Jaku said:

Well he's not the only one to have Horvat as his favorite player after Kassian got traded. But you're certainly spot on, they essentially have nothing in common.

I am so excited for Bo and where Bo is going to lead this team. This kid is the real deal, a rare commodity. 

And worth 8 years $6 mill. That deal will be a steal & we'll wish it was a 15 year deal come year 8...

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Give this kid a permanent A this year and then the C next year

Question though if Vancouver does get luck in the draft lottery and get either Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier. Does this change the conversation of Bo Horvat ever getting the "C"? 

4 hours ago, Hectic said:

People seem to forget that this was a Gillis trade/pick - if it wasn't for that deal I wonder where we would be right now

Yeah but he also spent a 1st to get Gaunce, a 2nd for Mallet. He did draft Hutton. Rodin, we don't know as of his knee injury. 

We also gave up a pretty good netminder to get Bo. And the team is still paying for Luongo's contract. How did that 2010 draft turn out? 

I'll give credit he made a good pick in Bo. But there's a reason he's no longer working in the NHL. 

6 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Even then I rather overpay a little to get a shorter term with less risk at the end of the deal.

Even then I rather underpay a little to get a longer term with NO risk Horvat...(captain/leader/priceless)...

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

Question though if Vancouver does get luck in the draft lottery and get either Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier. Does this change the conversation of Bo Horvat ever getting the "C"? 

Do those two guys have NHL caliber leadership qualities? Horvat has it right now.

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Not in my mind at all. Horvat just has "it" in terms of natural leadership. I think he should be the guy going forward.

8 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

Bo's the real deal. In a month he'll be 22. I have ties that are 22. But while the age thing is nice, its the character piece that is so great whether he's 22 or 32, or 42 for that matter.

Earlier this year Henrik Sedin challenged one of the kids to step up, and its happened. You have to think kids like Goldy and Dahlen are going to see Bo's work ethic and be motivated. 

It's already starting to rub off, Stetcher is coming along nicely. I don't see a sophomore slump in him either. Hutton hit a bit of one for a few games, but he's back now too. Kids like Gaunce, Granlund, and Stetcher are looking around the dressing room and realizing, hey, let's follow that guy.

4 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

It's already starting to rub off, Stetcher is coming along nicely. I don't see a sophomore slump in him either. Hutton hit a bit of one for a few games, but he's back now too. Kids like Gaunce, Granlund, and Stetcher are looking around the dressing room and realizing, hey, let's follow that guy.

Something was off between the dynamic between Hutton and Guddy. Maybe it was Guddy's injury or maybe Hutton was trying to do too much? Hutton is playing much better recently tho. 

9 hours ago, Hectic said:

People seem to forget that this was a Gillis trade/pick - if it wasn't for that deal I wonder where we would be right now

Iceland?

I kid, Gillis was a genius and had it not been for Luongo quitting on this team and some owner meddling it would of been a quick reload and back into the playoffs.  It was obvious Torts wasn't Gillis's first choice as HC and that was this team's undoing.

10 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Yeah he's pretty damn good. 

I'm worried though.....if Loui costs 6 mil per season, Horvat should technically be worth around 14 mil lol.  He is gonna get PAID this summer.

Hes an RFA numbnuts

55 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

This is interesting because some say leadership from the Sedins or the great coaching abilities of Willy is the reason for the early success of some of our rookies. With how Bo has been carrying himself since entering the NHL, I believe he has a far more influence on his team then the above mentioned.

With what Bachman said about Bo in his interview about how he welcomed him to the team and how he carries himself shows these character traits.

I think he needs to wear the "A" a lot more then just one day and see what he can do.

10 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Worried meaning we'll have less money for other players.  Plus you seriously think he's only worth 5 mil a season? I'd put him nearer to 6 or 7 realistically. (and longest contract length is 8 years)

I fully understand your worry about Bo's success, and that's the problem with having top-flight players.  To help ease your worries, I suggest we trade him (and any other budding stars) before having to pay out, and get ourselves some lower-tier guys that will only require $2-4mil each.  How about Bo to Calgary for Ferland, Hathaway, and a 2nd?  Give those two NTCs as well to keep their salaries down.  That's how #capmaster Gilman woulda dunnit. 

I sure hope we never accidentally draft a Crosby or Toews -- could you just imagine their salaries?  It would totally screw up our team, like it did Pittsburgh and Chicago.

I stop man crushing on players years ago, seen too many request trades to ever cheer for the name on the back of a jersey again. But I've got to admit that after years of defending the antics of some of our players to non-Canuck fans that it is extremely refreshing to have a player who is so good and yet so universally liked by any and all. Oh, who am I kidding, I couldn't care less what non-Canuck fans think.

Archived