The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | March Saturday @ 7pm on CBC

Green Building

9 minutes ago, The Aquamen said:

Grenier=Gaunce Gaunce=Grenier, both have to be moved out, cheers

Ya I'm not convinced that Gaunce can't be more - He's a bit of a tweener too but here's my argument on him

Said in another post - wouldn't be sad to see Vegas take him over Sbisa as Sbisa is really developing nicely and Guance's skills can be found rather easily (which I accept means more likely vegas would take sbisa)

That being said on Gaunce

He's improved every year

He plays a very sound defensive game

This year I've noticed he's playing a 'heavier' game, hitting more, using his size to put pressure on players on the wall

I don't think I've really seen him make any glaring errors

Areas he can improve? For sure

Skating and mobility still need to improve - but go hire Bo's instructor to help him, and have him train the same way for explosiveness. His footspeed has improved so if it can get a bit better and he can work on his mobility he turns from a depth 4th liner into maybe a 3rd liner

Ensure he becomes strong in the circle

And he just needs a bit of puck luck to get some points going, he doesn't have stone hands, he scored well in junior and see's the ice well /strong hockey iq

If he does those 2 things, he can be an effective bottom six player for us. Not a huge loss if he goes to vegas (but likely wont) but too early to give up on him given his improvement over time, work ethic/attitude in my view. I think he's a much better player than Grenier will ever be already.

1 minute ago, hearditall said:

Boom. I feel a good crop of KIDS joining this team in the next 1-3 years. Guys that wanna play & win. Thanks to Mr. WD 40...

Is there something I'm missing here? The Canucks have been playing great hockey while rolling 4 lines. 

Why is there so much WD hate after games by a SELECTED FEW, but not so much here when MANY of the fans are around.???

Because the Sedins have been a tire fire on the ice for the past 4 months and yet there's zero accountability for their terrible play. They are getting played way too much.

Because Megna gets powerplay time "because reasons".

Because he chooses vets based on 'vets' rather than the play or potential play. He benches guys for... no reason other than a hunch. Dress a guy to leave him on the bench for a whole game, that was classy move.

He's a garbage NHL coach while simultaneously being an amazing junior or AHL coach.

1 minute ago, brownky said:

Because the Sedins have been a tire fire on the ice for the past 4 months and yet there's zero accountability for their terrible play. They are getting played way too much.

Because Megna gets powerplay time "because reasons".

Because he chooses vets based on 'vets' rather than the play or potential play. He benches guys for... no reason other than a hunch. Dress a guy to leave him on the bench for a whole game, that was classy move.

He's a garbage NHL coach while simultaneously being an amazing junior or AHL coach.

:frantic::lol:

Glad I'm not miserable U...::D

Just now, BaerBoBoeser said:

Ya I'm not conviinced that Gaunce can't be more - He's a bit of a tweener too but here's my arguement on him

Said in another post - wouldn't be sad to see Vegas take him over Sbisa as Sbisa is really developing nicely and Guance's skills can be found rather easily (which I accept means more likely vegas would take sbisa)

That being said on Gaunce

He's improved every year

He plays a very sound defensive game

This year I've noticed he's playing a 'heavier' game, hitting more, using his size to put pressure on players on the wall

I don't think I've really seen him make any glaring errors

Areas he can improve? For sure

Skating and mobility still need to improve - but go hire Bo's instructor to help him, and have him train the same way for explosiveness. His footspeed has improved so if it can get a bit better and he can work on his mobility he turns into a depth 4th liner into maybe a 3rd liner

Ensure he becomes strong in the circle

If he does those 2 things, he can be an effective bottom six player for us. Not a huge loss if he goes to vegas (but likely wont) but too early to give up on him given his improvement over time, work ethic/attitude in my view. I think he's a much better player than Grenier will ever be already.

Gaunce is a poor man's Hansen, to rebuild we don't need Gaunce, Vegas won't take him though, I wouldn't. Guy has no mobility, @ 22 years of age, and not beeing able to skate well is a red flag. He's got no skills either. Cheers 

Archived