The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Pittsburgh Penguins @ Vancouver Canucks | March Saturday @ 7pm on CBC

Green Building

Just now, The Aquamen said:

I think it could be done, I mean the Lighting have a solid team especially with Stamkos. Jim could sweeten it up by sending Gaunce and a 4th rounder?

The the roles were reversed, and we had Drouin, would you accept Edler, Gaunce and a 4th?

Just now, Mattrek said:

Is it just me or is every goal against us lately starting from a dumb play from the Sedins? WTF was Daniel doing? So frustrating.

Also to the user who said the Sedins have been playing better defensively I give you exhibit A as to why that's not true.

And yet, they'll be on the powerplay. Zero accountability.

2 minutes ago, Stelar said:

It's like the Sedins just hit a wall....

Yeah I think they're being asked to play too much. They looked good in the first.

...and no, I don't blame Willy.  Other than the BoBaerBouch line it's a beat up Sutter and the AHL boys.  I guess you can say "why not" but I don't think it would make a difference.

Just now, BaerBoBoeser said:

I am interested in seeing Boucher after an offseason where hopefully Nucks help him work on his fitness

Kid has skills and I think his skating his being held back by his fitness. He also played with Goldobin in junior and put up big numbers - could be interesting if he is committed in the offseason

He has the potential to become a solid player for this team, and if he has some chemistry with Bo and Baer, I would keep him on that line moving forward and have Boeser playing on a line with Virtanen. 

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The time to trade Edler is this offseason. 

I agree on this. Especially when his value is as high as it can be at this point. My gut is telling me JB will keep him and deal him at next season's deadline with only another year remaining on his contract. Kinda following the Hansen trajectory. 

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Yeah I think they're being asked to play too much. They looked good in the first.

...and no, I don't blame Willy.  Other than the BoBaerBouch line it's a beat up Sutter and the AHL boys.  I guess you can say "why not" but I don't think it would make a difference.

I agree about them playing too muc but zi think that's been the case all season , they should have been playing in a lesser role right from the start, definately not their fault they don't give the,selves the ice time

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The the roles were reversed, and we had Drouin, would you accept Edler, Gaunce and a 4th?

Why not? It's a win-win for both teams. Drouin will need a new contract, and the Bolts have lots of good players to sign during this offseason and can't tie they're hands with it. If you're were Droiuns agent don't you want top dollar? We have the cap space coming up, plus we are rebuilding and the Lighting aren't 

Archived