The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Drew Shore [1 year x 600k]

Visp

15 hours ago, combover said:

Rather see prospects auditioning than "age gap"  players.  Megna chapoo Larsen ect... play the kids.

losing with plugs is harder to watch than losing with prospects/kids. 

I see this a another megna for willie to over play and push skilled guys further down the line up to "earn it" 

Could you imagine if every team based their furture and the development of their prospects relied on what YOU wanted to see. Sadly that's not how it works.  I for one am happy for that.  Now the people who know what they are doing can do what they are paid for.  

On 12/03/2017 at 1:04 AM, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm thinking he gets the rest of the season so the team can shut down Sutter. He's been playing injured, and it's not helping anyone.

This should also send the message to other fringe NHLers, be it in European leages or pending College FAs that the Canucks are looking for help. Maybe help lure Ashton-Reese and others over. 

This is exactly it imo. 

22 hours ago, Quantum said:

Still think Curtis Valk deserves a contract if the Canucks are this desperate to bring in help for the big club. Guy has been a "fringe Canucks prospect" for years and is now a first line AHLer. I know he's small but he's got offensive skill. Still dunno why the Canucks are hesitant to give Valk an entry deal.

Valk may earn one for next year, but this signing was about helping the team this year. To do that with Valk would mean we'd be taking significant help away from the Comets (which we'd already done for most of the year with Megna and Chaput) and they're trying to get into the playoffs. We'll be trying to sign any college players and UFAs to contracts for next year as is and don't want to use up a contract space for him as well.

No problem with signing Shore though. Might have preferred him to Skille to start the year, but we can look at him for next year this way. Big body, solid 200ft game, could add some offence from a bottom 6 position. He did get some games in Florida but very little NHL opportunity in Calgary so I'm not worried about that.

3 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Could you imagine if every team based their furture and the development of their prospects relied on what YOU wanted to see. Sadly that's not how it works.  I for one am happy for that.  Now the people who know what they are doing can do what they are paid for.  

I don't know what world you are loving but teams feel public pressure all the time. If they don't put an exciting and entertaining product they don't make money.

Enjoy your Megnas,Chaputs, and Shores.

Don't play players the big minutes the fans wanna see and might be more inclined to buy tickets next year to see like Boucher,Subban,Goldobin etc

God forbid they try to bring some skill and speed and offensive flair at the expense of rigid 2 way play.

40 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

I don't know what world you are loving but teams feel public pressure all the time. If they don't put an exciting and entertaining product they don't make money.

Don't play players the big minutes the fans wanna see and might be more inclined to buy tickets next year to see like Boucher,Subban,Goldobin etc

God forbid they try to bring some skill and speed and offensive flair at the expense of rigid 2 way play.

Maybe I'm not living in a different world?  Just cause I don't subscribe you your way of thinking doesn't mean I'm in an alternate universe.   Good teams don't buckle to the fans who complain about Veys ice time.  Cause let's be honest, this is just a replay of last year, but now people have new whopping boys... 

Our managment team team and coaching staff know a thing or two about how to bring guys along.  That's why you use guys that aren't necessarily part of the teams longterm plans to shelter the kids development.  

The thing I want god to forbid is letting the kids get spoonfed roles they aren't ready for (ala Edmonton) in hopes to appease fans who will always find something to complain about no matter what's happening.

23 hours ago, Darius71 said:

Could this be part of player shuffling that will help Utica push for the playoffs?

Demko with another goose egg as I type this...hes on fire, and Utica is pushing. Hopefully Canucks dont have to raid the AHL cupboard now that they have momentum.

This is what I'm thinking..Benning probably feels bad about stealing half of Travis Greens roster to play for the Canucks..

4 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Thanks for that. I was just coming in here to ask if he cleared waivers... but if he's practicing then it's a go.

Also, does anyone know his contract status? The presser said he was "signed for the remainder of this season" ...some form of PTO ?

2 hours ago, TheOgRook said:

Maybe I'm not living in a different world?  Just cause I don't subscribe you your way of thinking doesn't mean I'm in an alternate universe.   Good teams don't buckle to the fans who complain about Veys ice time.  Cause let's be honest, this is just a replay of last year, but now people have new whopping boys... 

Our managment team team and coaching staff know a thing or two about how to bring guys along.  That's why you use guys that aren't necessarily part of the teams longterm plans to shelter the kids development.  

The thing I want god to forbid is letting the kids get spoonfed roles they aren't ready for (ala Edmonton) in hopes to appease fans who will always find something to complain about no matter what's happening.

With a dozen games left does it really matter yet? Give Goldy and Vouch a look see with the pressure off now. Okay them heavy minutes their mistakes costing games doesn't matter right now as it would be early on in the season.

I don't see the harm in young players getting more minutes while reducing inflammation the Second and Sutter, Megnas etc who you already know what you have in them.

People are so paranoid of spoonfedding late in the year in meaningless games as if the prospects will be ruined and turn into Edmonton overnight pre McDavid just because they got to play a little.

4 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

I guess you are just one more of these guys who lets a player's history dictate his future. I suppose that saves you from having to use any actual judgement based on game performance.

God forbid people like you ever stop your unrealistic whining, day in and day out. Subban:lol: 

2 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

I guess you are just one more of these guys who lets a player's history dictate his future. I suppose that saves you from having to use any actual judgement based on game performance.

God forbid people like you ever stop your unrealistic whining, day in and day out. Subban:lol: 

Don't worry Chip,  Alfstonker will disappear once her son is fired as our so called coach 

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

With a dozen games left does it really matter yet? Give Goldy and Vouch a look see with the pressure off now. Okay them heavy minutes their mistakes costing games doesn't matter right now as it would be early on in the season.

I don't see the harm in young players getting more minutes while reducing inflammation the Second and Sutter, Megnas etc who you already know what you have in them.

People are so paranoid of spoonfedding late in the year in meaningless games as if the prospects will be ruined and turn into Edmonton overnight pre McDavid just because they got to play a little.

Not to you obviously but most of the fans, the coach and the players themselves want to win.

Archived