The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tryamkin goes to the KHL

Any ways you cut it he left An did not feel the love. 

This is on management no ifs An buts! 

I believe they lowballed an offer to him . I believe Nikita lived within the letter of his just expired contract An can only surmise that management was less than honourable to him . He explored his options An bolted back to KHL

this is a real kick in the kahoonas to us as a team An fans he was a shining light this season. Very $&!#ty news sadly he will be missed.

1 minute ago, apollo said:

POS that leaves Vancouver is a POS in my books. Maybe he'd get more ice time if he was consistent. 

Never liked this POS from the start... his BS from the start... liking posts of us losing on other teams feeds on instagram... now he bolts out of the worlds most glorious city to some low class dumpster in Russia.

Good riddance.  

Even with your homer schtick taken into account this is way over the line Apollo.

The Canucks are definitely not blameless in this situation.

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

POS that leaves Vancouver is a POS in my books. Maybe he'd get more ice time if he was consistent. 

Never liked this POS from the start... his BS from the start... liking posts of us losing on other teams feeds on instagram... now he bolts out of the worlds most glorious city to some low class dumpster in Russia.

Good riddance.  

He liked other teams posts wen we lost to them ?!!?!!? 

LOL WHAT ! 

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Good riddance.  

What?!

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Even with your homer schtick taken into account this is way over the line Apollo.

The Canucks are definitely not blameless in this situation.

They didn't get him a Russian friend until late with Goldy to ease his transition. 

3 KHL guys have bolted Canucks Shirokov, Zhukenov, and now Tryamkin.

It might be easier to avoid Russian entirely.  Even with Larionov,Bure, and Mogilny Van is not very Russian friendly.

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Yes the big baby did decline. Even though it would have gotten him in the line-up faster. NHL regulars often go to the AHL on conditioning stints. A conditioning stint has a defined duration, it's not like a demotion.

Maybe he went home because he didn't like the fitness level they expected him to show up in for camp here. You know, another Grabner, doesn't like to work that hard in the off-season.

Maybe. But for an organization that claims it honours contracts signed (and has given us the distinct advantage of being stuck with Edler for years as a result) it seems a bit hollow to villainize Tryamkin for simply demanding the team honor a contract they signed with him. 

I look at the AHL thing differently. Had he agreed to go it is very likely that would have been used against him should they want to permanently send him down. If he had gone to the AHL he very likely would have gotten stuck there until injuries forced them to use him. And would have given the Canucks the flexibility to call up others over him. 

I dont agree with the entitlement issue. But I strongly suspect some of that was rooted in promises made to get him to North America to begin with and then stay when he wasn't being played.

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

I blame the Van media lol.

"Hey Nikita, will you go back to Russia?"

Translation: they don't like me, they're asking me to go back to Russia.  Fine, f.u.,  I'll go back to Russia.

The translator probably &^@#ed it up lol

Honestly, as someone who does pretty well seeing the big picture and positives.... this makes things pretty bleak going forward.

No player on our roster was as intriguing to watch or had more potential, maybe he would never realize all that potential but it gave me a reason to watch some god awful regular season Canucks games.

Having the surplus D also meant we had a chance to upgrade the roster (D being incredibly valuable, especially after expansion robs even more teams of top 4 guys).

Boeser is interesting, but at this point I see virtually no reason to actually watch games next year.  I will watch highlights and follow the forums, but they need to give me a compelling reason to sit through boring 1-0 losses all next year.

8 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

They didn't get him a Russian friend until late with Goldy to ease his transition. 

It might be easier to avoid Russian entirely.  Even with Larionov,Bure, and Mogilny Van is not very Russian friendly.

They should hire the millionaire match maker and find these guys some nice local brides.::D

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

i guess our boy in London who just lost a game 7 will be hitting the gym hard to get ready for September. 

Evan McEneny is next up, imo.  He's more ready than anyone else in the system.  It will be a hit to Utica, but if they don't sign a ufa dman to fill the hole left by Try, then he would be the guy.  No need to jeopardize Juolevi's development or health

11 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Any ways you cut it he left An did not feel the love. 

This is on management no ifs An buts! 

I believe they lowballed an offer to him . I believe Nikita lived within the letter of his just expired contract An can only surmise that management was less than honourable to him . He explored his options An bolted back to KHL

this is a real kick in the kahoonas to us as a team An fans he was a shining light this season. Very $&!#ty news sadly he will be missed.

it sounds like there was no way that he was staying, no matter what they offered him.

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

The Olympic decision has likely had an impact too. It certainly created a divide. It is basically telling players to choose playing in the NHL or for their country. Russians especially highly value their ability to play for their country. For any players other than top guys, those like Tryamkin who are used more as depth players, that choice likely becomes easier. Lots of those guys could get an opportunity to play in the Olympics that would not be available if NHL players were going. Can't blame them much for that.

I'm hoping Gudbranson works his ass off this summer and can fill the void of losing Tryamkin.

I really hope this is only for the 2018 season so he can play in the olympics. This is one of the biggest losses this franchise has had IMO.  Nikita had all the tools to be a great player for us for a a long long time.

Archived