The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tanev to Toronto (Scott Cullen)

4 hours ago, Tystick said:

Interesting if this is true. Leipsic looks like he could step in.

I would trust Benning's judgement on that one.

No to Carrick, we need a dman coming back.

Yes to the 1st pick.

Carrick is a RHD...

2 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

Carrick is a RHD...

Maybe that was just a huge insult to Carrick :P

I'm not interested in either player mentioned, and want to avoid getting little in return like we did with Kesler. I am aware that that was a different scenario, but we should be able to get more bidders for Tanev.

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Getting Arizona's first pick will give us a great choice of both PPQB and play-making center at 5 and 7.  Expecting either of Liljegren/Makar and Glass/Necas to both be there.

Tanev + 33 for Arizona 7+23?  Then we are in good position to also take one of Thomas, Yamamoto, Brannstrom, maybe even Hague or Poehling.  That would be one sweet draft-day haul.

I seriously doubt Tanev alone nets us the 7th overall pick. I suppose anything is possible if we were to get a good bidding war going but it's a long shot IMO. I'd be willing to do Tanev and a 3rd for 7th overall. That still probably isn't enough though.

16 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Similar to Larsson for Hall trade... so that's fair!

not really two different type of players

Tanev in the last three years has been one of the best defensive D men a top 5 so a return should be bigger then what was said

plus his cap hit is awesome for what he is and the leafs should give more based on that fact!

Look what we gave up for Guddy, well Tanev is worth that and more and is why we should get nothing less then what I said

5 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

God, this thread is hilarious!

There is no way in hell we are getting a player like Nylander, Drouin or even Eberle for Tanev.  No way in hell do those teams give us a return even approaching that.  A low first-round pick and maybe a cast-off and a mid-level prospect is about the upper limit here.

Tanev does not get us an impact player who can step right in (unless we add a whole bunch to the deal).  There is no one we could feasibly trade that gets us that.  Well, other than Horvat anyways...

I was with you until you said Eberle, who's value isn't anywhere in the same ballpark as the other two you mentioned. 

If Benning traded Tanev straight across for Eberle, it would be far and away the worst trade he's ever made.

On 5/12/2017 at 10:01 AM, bolt said:

Tanev for Eberle

makes sense for both teams

Baertchi Horvat Eberle

Sedin Sedin Boeser 

Granlund Sutter Goldobin

Eriksson Dahlen Virtanen

Edler Stretcher

Hutton Sbisa

Joelevi Gudbranson

No to Eberle, to soft and not what we need

14 hours ago, Mattrek said:

While ordinarily I'm in this train of thought I'm not when it comes to Tanev and there's four main reasons why it makes sense to trade him now.

1) Tanev has a modified NTC kicking in in July and afterwards it'll be much harder to trade him.

2) Tanev's value has never been higher and it's always good to sell high. 

3) Tanev has been extremely injury prone and what good is a defenseman if he never plays because he's always injured? After 2 seasons in a row of injuries it's more likely then not he will continue to be frequently injured. I think having the pieces Tanev would bring back would be far more beneficial to our team.

4) If we trade him we save an extra protection slot on D and that allows us to keep Sbisa in the expansion draft and likely only lose Gaunce or Biega, which is nothing compared to what many teams will have to give up.

agreed and Tanev is from the area plus his brother is there so would be a great fit, but we need to get something for now back and a pick

2 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Do you really think that Goldobin is an 'impact player'?  In what league???  'Cause you can't possibly be talking about the NHL.

And, to the guy who thinks that Tanev could land us Drouin or Hischier, well, Jesus...

Well first of all he was an impact player in the AHL. Dominant at times.

For that reason he certainly has the potential to be one in the NHL considering he has the skill and tools to step in right now.

All that said, your definition of an "impact player" might be different from mine. 

Also, wouldn't you say Goldobin could have stepped in the Sharks lineup and produced similar to the way Hansen did in the playoffs?

I think JB crushed that trade.

Reinhart would be nice but he will not be a 1st line center and us getting Dahlen we have Bo and Dahlen for centers in the spot Reinhart would be so why trade for another where he would have to all fight for two spots???  Makes no sense at this time unless we are going to trade a center as when the twins are gone after this season we would have

Horvat

Dahlen

Sutter   or something like that for the first three lines  no room for Reinhart

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

Well first of all he was an impact player in the AHL. Dominant at times.

For that reason he certainly has the potential to be one in the NHL considering he has the skill and tools to step in right now.

All that said, your definition of an "impact player" might be different from mine. 

Also, wouldn't you say Goldobin could have stepped in the Sharks lineup and produced similar to the way Hansen did in the playoffs?

I think JB crushed that trade.

Great trade by JB.  I hope he "crushes" the Tanev trade too, so he proves all the Tanev haters wrong.

18 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Reinhart would be nice but he will not be a 1st line center and us getting Dahlen we have Bo and Dahlen for centers in the spot Reinhart would be so why trade for another where he would have to all fight for two spots???  Makes no sense at this time unless we are going to trade a center as when the twins are gone after this season we would have

Horvat

Dahlen

Sutter   or something like that for the first three lines  no room for Reinhart

I thought Dahlen was a winger? 

Archived