The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tanev to Toronto (Scott Cullen)

4 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Jeez the fantasizers on here crack me up. It's like stepping into a parallel universe.

GMs looking for a pick me up just lurk on here and nearly end themselves laughing.:lol:

you mean like how Burr wasn't supposed to be worth anything from the "realist" "non-homers" on this site? 

50 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

you mean like how Burr wasn't supposed to be worth anything from the "realist" "non-homers" on this site? 

Yup, likewise Edler's worth a mid-round pick, and Tanev a pick and a cap dump.  'Cuz Canucks are worthless trash.  Stupid blind homers.

#Immarealist

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Yup, likewise Edler's worth a mid-round pick, and Tanev a pick and a cap dump.  'Cuz Canucks are worthless trash.  Stupid blind homers.

#Immarealist

#areyou?

#haveyoulookedatsomeoftheproposalsinthisthread?

#tanevfornylanderkaspanenandafirst

The reason most of the Tanev and Toronto deals don't make sense is that they give us a bunch of OK spare parts in exchange.

Benning has proven he can find those kind of guys for cheap elsewhere, either as trades (Baertschi, Granlund, Boucher, Goldobin, Dahlen) or for free from college (Stecher, Molino).

What Benning can't find except for trading a valuable piece in return is a legit top 6 forward or a younger puck moving D.  We only have a few valuable trade chips in Edler/Tanev/Hutton, you don't spend those bullets for quantity over quality.

If anything you add something to those guys to get the best ONE asset back.  A real top 6 winger pushes the other guys down the roster and has them playing against worse competition, making them and the whole team better.

3 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I cited the MAJORITY of proposals.  Exceptions don't make the rule.

the majority of the proposals are deluded.

I don't see Toronto trading Kapanen alone, let alone Nylander, for Tanev

9 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

the majority of the proposals are deluded.

I don't see Toronto trading Kapanen alone, let alone Nylander, for Tanev

No there not. You have only cited two proposals which  does not fit the word "majority" and not to mention I wouldn't trade Tanev for Kapanen straight up whatsoever. At this point in there career it would be Kapanen + for Tanev. You don't get a top 5 defensive defenseman  who can actually move the puck and skate well for a guy with a lot of promise. Unless your playing a video game.

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

I cited the MAJORITY of proposals.  Exceptions don't make the rule.

The majority of proposals that get made on CDC are horrible. Tanev, Dahlen, 33rd for Nylander, Kapanen, 17th was one proposed earlier and people thought it was horrible on our end, that is an incredibly lopsided deal. Go make that offer on a forum with neutral fans and they would laugh at the homerism on our end.

I am a big fan of Dahlen but he is not a blue chip prospect. Having spoken to a few of the Swedes that watched him in Allvenskan this past year, they say he is a good prospect and has top 9 potential. Some of them said they were a little disappointed in progress this year. Having also watched all the games he played this year in the WJC, the three other Swedes that were selected in the first two rounds were all better than him (A Nylander, Asplund, Grundstrom). Dahlen has some nice tools, but its way too early say what kind of player he will be at the next level. The Sens would not have given him up if he was close to fulfilling his potential. All I am saying is that give him some time to figure things out before you dub him the 'next Naslund'.

4 hours ago, Toews said:

Some of them said they were a little disappointed in progress this year.

I'm not disagreeing with your whole post but this is 100% nonsense. There's not a report out there or a statline to support that argument. I have watched him play a few times and he passes my eye test  but nowhere near enough to make an educated assessment but if the career scouts like his progression of what he could be then I'm gonna have to side with them. I do agree however that he is closer to top 6/9 then he will ever be a top line player.

11 minutes ago, ohmy said:

I'm not disagreeing with your whole post but this is 100% nonsense. There's not a report out there or a statline to support that argument. I have watched him play a few times and he passes my eye test  but nowhere near enough to make an educated assessment but if the career scouts like his progression of what he could be then I'm gonna have to side with them. I do agree however that he is closer to top 6/9 then he will ever be a top line player.

Gotta agree with you.  I've learned here Dahlen will likely be a winger in the NHL.  I see him as a mini Jagr.  He will greatly impress the doubters this coming season.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We've read that here A LOT.  As fans most of us seem to like this.  Does JB want Drouin, who comes with so much baggage, and only plays one end of the ice?  

I've been absent a little more so lately from here haha. For the numbers he could put up...ya? His defensive game maybe will progress. We need a trigger man.

Kapanen and a 1st or Nylander and a 2nd.  Scraps don't get it done and this is literally no different than Dregers tampering of the Sedins or his endless years of suggesting player X Y or Z to the Canucks for a return that leaves the Canucks gaping or somehow props up the most insignificant Leafs player in to a future HOF star speculations

Nylander and a second would be awesome. 

Kapanen, Dermott, and 1st, and I'll drive Tanev to the Airport. 

Kapanen, Carrick and a 1st I could see being the value.  Carrick adds very little to the trade, but Kapanen and a 1st are valuable assets.

Only if Nylander or Kapanen comes our way. Preferably Nylander cause hey, we need a Henrik replacement.

Kapanen and the 17th for Tanev 

Tanev for Kapanen, Leipsic, and a 1st would be fair. That's probably the best deal we could get for Tanev if it's not a Drouin-calibre player. 

To TOR:

Tanev

2nd Round Pick 2017 (CBJ)

Granlund

To VAN:

Nylander

Tanev for Marner straight up.

to tor: tanev

to van: kapanen, 1st pick 2017(17th overall) 

5 hours ago, ohmy said:

No there not. You have only cited two proposals which  does not fit the word "majority" and not to mention I wouldn't trade Tanev for Kapanen straight up whatsoever. At this point in there career it would be Kapanen + for Tanev. You don't get a top 5 defensive defenseman  who can actually move the puck and skate well for a guy with a lot of promise. Unless your playing a video game.

see above....that was from the first 3 pages....do I need to go on?

16 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

see above....that was from the first 3 pages....do I need to go on?

Yes. Actually you do. If you're going to arrogantly run down every other person's proposal without offering a counterpoint as to why Tanev's value is as low as you're claiming it is, damn right you have to "go on".

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Yes. Actually you do. If you're going to arrogantly run down every other person's proposal without offering a counterpoint as to why Tanev's value is as low as you're claiming it is, damn right you have to "go on".

I think the majority of proposals in this thread are a little unrealistic (in our favour), except the Tanev + 2nd rounder + Granlund for Nylander is probably the worst of all (in TO's favour). 

Kapanen and a 1st would be a good return. Anything more than that would be a stretch. However, if another team were to offer a single better asset (than Kapanen), we'd be better off going that route. 

6 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I think the majority of proposals in this thread are a little unrealistic (in our favour), except the Tanev + 2nd rounder + Granlund for Nylander is probably the worst of all (in TO's favour). 

Kapanen and a 1st would be a good return. Anything more than that would be a stretch. However, if another team were to offer a single better asset (than Kapanen), we'd be better off going that route. 

I agree that Kapanen + a 1st is probably a relatively realistic proposal.

What irks me is seeing someone arrogantly mock people for gauging Tanev's value differently when Tanev in particular is a player who's value is very difficult to gauge, hence the wildly varying proposals.

Archived