The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friedman thinks Vancouver is interested in Eberle

homersexual

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hopkins would be a nice addition, but I'm sure the asking price would be quite high. He's also making 6 mill a year, so that would make it pretty hard to swallow as well.

Certainly more of a fit than Eberle though, but I don't necessarily think it would be worth it, considering that he seems to have plateaued as well. I'd rather take a run at someone like Reinhart. 

Fair enough, I was just going with the EDM thing. I wish they would go after Matthew Barzal from NYI.

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Hopkins would be a nice addition, but I'm sure the asking price would be quite high. He's also making 6 mill a year, so that would make it pretty hard to swallow as well.

Certainly more of a fit than Eberle though, but I don't necessarily think it would be worth it, considering that he seems to have plateaued as well. I'd rather take a run at someone like Reinhart. 

Honestly, I just don't think Edmonton makes for a great trading partner right now, unless they're willing to sacrifice Puljujarvi.

I think Benning will forever steer away from BC kids after Virtanen.

Only way I would consider this trade is if the Oilers over pay for cap freedom granting us a high draft picks and or prospects for taking Eberle off their hands. We could then flip him eventually for more more assets later on. If we can fit him under the cap of course.

12 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Problem is we'd be giving something Edmonton wants, either a D or straight cap dump. Why would we want to help that team further? This is a great example of avoiding inter-division trades.

I also this he's been the benefactor of playing with some pretty exceptional players, dating back to junior.

how would we feel on a Eberle for Tanev deal?  I'd think an extra piece would need to be added for the cap hit.  I don't see us wanting to help edm though. 

oh boy. Sutter for Eberle sounds amazing.  think both sides might be interested? be a great way for Jim to escape sutters contract well adding offense.   Eberle might look Damn fine beside the Twins.  probably be paired with baer and Bo tho.

Baertschi Horvat Eberle  hmmm naw Virtanen/Boeser sounds better. :)

I wouldn't take either. Both have Mason Raymond disease.

Not good enough to be top 6 forwards, not bad enough to be bottom 6. 

I think this is one of the biggedt flaws of a GM. A player is top 6 or bottom 6. If he's not a good fit in either spot, cya later.

33 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I wouldn't take either. Both have Mason Raymond disease.

Not good enough to be top 6 forwards, not bad enough to be bottom 6. 

I think this is one of the biggedt flaws of a GM. A player is top 6 or bottom 6. If he's not a good fit in either spot, cya later.

:huh:

Raymond cracked 20 goals once. Eberle has already done it 6 times.

Fact is, Jordan Eberle is one of the most consistent goalscorers in the league of the last decade. He hasn't had too many injuries - in fact, he's missed only 16 games total in the last 5 years. And he's just turning 27, so he should have lots of hockey left in him.

1 minute ago, D-Money said:

:huh:

Raymond cracked 20 goals once. Eberle has already done it 6 times.

Fact is, Jordan Eberle is one of the most consistent goalscorers in the league of the last decade. He hasn't had too many injuries - in fact, he's missed only 16 games total in the last 5 years. And he's just turning 27, so he should have lots of hockey left in him.

And he plays like a bitch on the boards.

Ebs would be best off in Vegas.  They aren't going to make the playoffs for at least 5 years.  He can put up decent regular season numbers.  He is somewhat marketable.

They are going to have a hard time scoring the first couple years he could fill part of that role.

But I guess all the same things could be said about Vancouver too.

2 hours ago, CanuckleHorse said:

No more soft players who can't stick up for themselves we need gritty hitters who make the other teams best defensemen move the puck quicker and make the other teams bullies think twice about doing something dirty.

Couldn't agree with you more. 

Archived