The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Friedman thinks Vancouver is interested in Eberle

homersexual

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

That list is guys who can and have all played quite a bit of RW for us... I don't care what they're 'listed' as. It's not even remotely a stretch. Eberle would actually be a downgrade as a 4th line grinder role but yes, he's clearly a better top 6 forward (where we're pretty full on wings).

I wouldn't trade them Boeser for Eberle. Probably not even Granlund. 'Tweener top 6'...So is Eberle.

The only thing that would remotely make sense (for us) would be to swap Eriksson for Eberle. We get younger and a shorter term (2 years left). They get a better 2 way player and Eriksson goes to a contender.

That doesn't help EDM with cap at all though, so it's HIGHLY unlikely.

RNH would make far more sense as a C, where we do actually need some depth (and 2 years younger), especially if we draft a D this year. Not sure I'd be willing to give up much to get him though.

Highly debatable. Wouldn't trade Boeser or Granlund for Eberle right now considering their contracts.

Wouldn't do boesser but granlund in a heartbeat. 

Just now, combover said:

Wouldn't do boesser but granlund in a heartbeat. 

Ridiculous.

6.5X the cap hit, can't play C in a pinch, 3 years older, lesser 2 way game and all of a whopping 0.16 more PPG on a FAR better team last year. 

6 minutes ago, SamJamIam said:

I would like to get in touch with your dealer. He's clearly hooking you up.

The classic over value how many seasons has granlund been a top six skill oh that would be zero. Edmonton would laugh benning off the phone if they said granlund straight up only vancouver fans think a bottom six has the value to get a bonified top six. Oh and his durability/toughness he  has yet to complete a full NHL season. But yeah maybe Crosby for grandlund straight up would be what some fans on here think.lol.

He's a third line center when he's at his best on 30 teams in the league he's a top three talent on a talent less club called the Canucks. 

12 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Ridiculous.

6.5X the cap hit, can't play C in a pinch, 3 years older, lesser 2 way game and all of a whopping 0.16 more PPG on a FAR better team last year. 

He's a far better player than grandlund, he didn't get the 6.5 deal because he's a third line center like grandlund is , granlund will never be a player that a 6.5 per deal would ever be a discussion about,  only vancouver fans think a guy that has yet been able to complete one full NHL season is worth more than a proven top six forward. 

Basing your agreement on one season is like giving Clarkson a whooping big nonis contract based on one season. it errelavent anyway because Edmonton wouldn't  go anywhere near that deal it would be the fleecing of all fleecing by benning and P C isn't a fool.

9 minutes ago, combover said:

The classic over value how many seasons has granlund been a top six skill oh that would be zero. Edmonton would laugh benning off the phone if they said granlund straight up only vancouver fans think a bottom six has the value to get a bonified top six. Oh and his durability/toughness he  has yet to complete a full NHL season. But yeah maybe Crosby for grandlund straight up would be what some fans on here think.lol.

He's a third line center when he's at his best on 30 teams in the league he's a top three talent on a talent less club called the Canucks. 

Did you even watch the oilers this year? He was ineffective at best, I watched so many Oilers games and he's a floater at best, I'd keep Granlund in a heartbeat

1 hour ago, cdubuya said:

so to get out of their cap crunch they are going to acquire the most overpaid free agent of the 2016 draft class who just signed a long term deal and put up dismal numbers in the first year of his contract?

And your part will be played by Norm MacDonald:

8 minutes ago, combover said:

He's a far better player than grandlund, he didn't get the 6.5 deal because he's a third line center like grandlund is , granlund will never be a player that a 6.5 per deal would ever be a discussion about,  only vancouver fans think a guy that has yet been able to complete one full NHL season is worth more than a proven top six forward. 

Basing your agreement on one season is like giving Clarkson a whooping big nonis contract based on one season. it errelavent anyway because Edmonton wouldn't  go anywhere near that deal it would be the fleecing of all fleecing by benning and P C isn't a fool.

Eberle got that deal because he's a decent 2nd line RW who was in EDM when they sucked. Regular market he's worth $4.5-5...maybe low 5's.

Granlund isn't likely to be as good of an offensive player (though that's far from impossible at only 24). And I never said he was 'worth more' I said I probably wouldn't trade him for Eberle. That's not the same thing.

Better 2 way player (more applicable to a middle 6 role), WAY cheaper contract, 3 years younger, ability to play C/W. EDM would have to add a hell of a sweetener to get me to bite on Eberle as a cap dump for Granlund.

9 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I'm just gonna throw this out there; if Eberle was on our team right now he would be worth two 1st round picks and a prospect according to CDC. All of you folks saying he has no value are being silly.

Nobody is saying he has 'no value'..but given his age (27) and his contract..where does he fit into a rebuild?

22 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

He'd probably slot in on 2nd line and push for 1st.

What part of the word 'rebuild' did you not understand...Why would we take a 27 year old player.. on a $6m a year contract to a team that is not making the playoffs anytime soon?....

Just for some perspective, Eberle scored 20 goals in 82 games last season.

Granlund scored 19 goals in 69 games last season.

Eberle gets paid 6 million dollars a year.

Granlund gets paid $900,000 a year.

Is Eberle's 1 more goal in 13 more games really worth 5.1 million dollars more?

Archived