Canucks Community

Phillip Holm | #29 | D

Rollieo Del Fuego

Just now, HC20.0 said:

Assuming we do lose Sbisa in the ED, 

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Tanev

Holm-Gudbrason?

Juolevi, Subban, and Pedan won't have an easy time cracking that D. Inexperienced, but young.

Maybe Pedan at the number 7?  That's a pretty good defence.  Might our team do better than many think? 

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe Pedan at the number 7?  That's a pretty good defence.  Might our team do better than many think? 

Depends on what many think. I am pretty sure barring a miracle we are finishing in the bottom 10 next year.

3 minutes ago, thrago said:

Depends on what many think. I am pretty sure barring a miracle we are finishing in the bottom 10 next year.

I wouldn't say a miracle, but certain players would have to have strong bounceback years (Sedins, Eriksson, Sutter, Edler, Hutton, Gudbranson). 

Then our young players would have to take another big stride forward (Horvat, Boeser, Granlund, Baertschi, Goldobin, Virtanen, Stecher).

The odds are low that all of this happens, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. One thing is for sure if this team has pride, they should all be very motivated and hungry to make sure last season doesn't repeat itself.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I wouldn't say a miracle, but certain players would have to have strong bounceback years (Sedins, Eriksson, Sutter, Edler, Hutton, Gudbranson). 

Then our young players would have to take another big stride forward (Horvat, Boeser, Granlund, Baertschi, Goldobin, Virtanen, Stecher).

The odds are low that all of this happens, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. One thing is for sure if this team has pride, they should all be very motivated and hungry to make sure last season doesn't repeat itself.

If all those things you mention happen I will consider it a miracle. Not impossible as miracles do happen but rarely to the Canucks.

3 minutes ago, thrago said:

If all those things you mention happen I will consider it a miracle. Not impossible as miracles do happen but rarely to the Canucks.

Lots of teams have this happen though. Maybe it would be considered a miracle for the Canucks, but i wouldn't say it would be for most teams.

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

McGuire saying today that he's an NHL-level player that can play in this league.  Definitely good to have that in the system as one of the 8-10+ we'll need, plus the ability to stash him in Utica.

Was it in the same interview that he said the SHL was viewed as the 2nd best development league in the world with the AHL as #1. Not sure where that leaves the KHL? I have seen to many reports about sloppy defense in the KHL and that it did not measure up with the AHL.  

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Given the quality of those players, and the age of the second group, I think it's more probable than not that most of them have better years next year. Of the 13 players you listed, I expect at least 10 of them to have significantly better seasons than the write off season just finished.

Smart signing.  Holm strikes me as a replacement for Sbisa if he gets picked up by Vegas.

He's sounds like more of a 2 way guy who skates well.  So not physical.  He's listed at 196 so he's not tiny like Larsen.

Button made a good comment.  This kind of signing means that they don't have to promote a young player before he is ready.  Ya we want to see Juolevi but it wouldn't hurt him to play another year in junior

2 hours ago, thrago said:

That's what I was thinking.

The Blackhawks should just troll the rest of the league and let it "leak" that they are interested in everyone overseas, so the rest of the league stumbles towards said players with contract offers. 

4 minutes ago, zzbottom said:

The Blackhawks should just troll the rest of the league and let it "leak" that they are interested in everyone overseas, so the rest of the league stumbles towards said players with contract offers. 

well said, Troll

2 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

Assuming we do lose Sbisa in the ED, 

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Tanev

Holm-Gudbrason?

Juolevi, Subban, and Pedan won't have an easy time cracking that D. Inexperienced, but young.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

This is my prediction also: Edler-Stecher, Hutton-Tanev, and Holm-Gudbranson with Pedan as 7th man and I expect the Canucks to also carry Biega as "swingman" -- #8 D or #14 F. When the Canucks needs some energy and muscle, Pedan can slot in for Holm and Biega can play on the 4th line as a forward.

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Was it in the same interview that he said the SHL was viewed as the 2nd best development league in the world with the AHL as #1. Not sure where that leaves the KHL? I have seen to many reports about sloppy defense in the KHL and that it did not measure up with the AHL.  

Yeah, so maybe he doesn't consider the KHL a "development" league?

Im thinking that there is a very real possibility that Hutton and Sbisa are both gone by next puck drop or deadline. Especially since Benning seems adamant that he won't be trading Edler or Tanev. Therefore, without many other additions... 

Edler-Stetcher

Juolevi-Tanev

Holm/UFA-Gudbranson

Pedan

McEneny-Subban

Cederholm-Sautner

Brisebois-Chatfield

Hopefully we can sign Raddysh as well and maybe another UFA D like Del Zotto. An offensive guy that we can use on the power play. Especially if Holm or Juolevi aren't ready for the full-time NHL schedule.

Bolded are all the players I can see getting some time in the bigs next year. Hopefully Benning can trade Hutton+ for a real gud prospect or first round pick.

Dallas 3rd overall+ Niemi

for

Hutton+3rd round pick

Then draft a centre(Mitts, Vils or Glass) and a D (Liljegrin, Makar, Heiskanen)

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Dallas 3rd overall+ Niemi

for

Hutton+3rd round pick

lol sorry man but if it was this easy I am sure JB would jump on it. I love Hutton and his charming smile but 3rd overall and a camp dump for him and a 3rd in not a deep draft is unlikely. Would be pretty happy with that. 

Archived