The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

On 2017-6-16 at 9:44 PM, BO_Scorvat said:

I know this will never happen buuuttt, Tanev, our 1st pick for Gaudreau. Watching those 2 in the all star game was crazy (yes I know no one is really trying) but man that would be awesome 

They call Johnny, "snowflake" for a very good reason.

No thanks.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:31 PM, messier's_elbow said:

I'm starting to think Tanev isn't going anywhere. If he does better be for a top 10 pick or a legit young  blue chip centre. 

This worries me too, if he does stick around it shows management/ownerships still not committed to the full rebuild. If Tanev can fetch you a top 10 pick in this draft you take it and run. Canucks with Tanev = 29th and 28th the last two years. Without him maybe that opens a spot for Subban and suddenly while not as great defensively, we'll have more of a dynamic unpredictable offense from the backend. 

9 minutes ago, BoShow said:

This worries me too, if he does stick around it shows management/ownerships still not committed to the full rebuild. If Tanev can fetch you a top 10 pick in this draft you take it and run. Canucks with Tanev = 29th and 28th the last two years. Without him maybe that opens a spot for Subban and suddenly while not as great defensively, we'll have more of a dynamic unpredictable offense from the backend. 

no, if he does stick around it means teams aren't willing to pay jim's price, and he's doing the right thing by not compromising. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

no, if he does stick around it means teams aren't willing to pay jim's price, and he's doing the right thing by not compromising. 

That's a fair point, I'm not tying to say trade him just to make a deal. For me a top 10 pick is worth what Tanev brings especially given where the team is at. 

2 hours ago, tas said:

Agreed that JB should NOT trade any player for less than fair value.  My thinking is if JB does trade Tanev, the return will indicate the method of rebuild/retool.  If the return is a top pick, that's a rebuild.  If the return is a + 24 player, that's back to the retool.  

Edler   Stech

Hutton  Guds

Holms   Subban

Biega   UFA

Marks

UFA backup

Oh dear.  Really hope they don't bring Juolevi into this mess.  Perhaps it would be better to wait until next year to trade Tanev.

2 hours ago, BoShow said:

This worries me too, if he does stick around it shows management/ownerships still not committed to the full rebuild. 

Really?   Couldn't it also mean that a trade for value wasn't available and your GM may now be waiting for the TDL next year for a better alternative?   Not being to trade any given player does not mean jack squat in terms of any commitment to any given direction.   Asset management is far more complex than a simplistic "do this means x, doing that means y".   

10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Really?   Couldn't it also mean that a trade for value wasn't available and your GM may now be waiting for the TDL next year for a better alternative?   Not being to trade any given player does not mean jack squat in terms of any commitment to any given direction.   Asset management is far more complex than a simplistic "do this means x, doing that means y".   

Absolutely it could, and you're right about the asset management. As mentioned before in this thread his no trade kicks in July 1st. It's a lot harder to move him when that happens which is all part of managing the asset. I probably jumped to a conclusion a little to quickly saying they weren't committed to a rebuild but given the stubbornness up until the deadline this year it does worry me.  That being said I'm not wanting to give up Tanev for pennies on the dollar, but if you're holding out for more then a top 10 pick I think they're mistaken.

43 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

TDL trades are usually made with teams who are higher in the standings, so any picks coming Back would be later in the rounds.  

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Tanev, Granlund, 33rd, 55th, and 95th pick for 1st overall.  would you do it?

Either of those players and picks, I'd think about it. Both players and picks-too much to give up.

'tI find it funny when people are saying don't trade Tanev if we can't get fair value.

the definition of fair value is whatever the market is willing to pay, not what Canucks fan say it is.

if there is no trade pretty much confirms Tanev is not valued as much as what people here thinks

unfortunately we will keep him and in 2 years when we start to be just a little competitive Tanev will be on the decline and not worth anything

i say trade him for best offer whatever it is.  It will open up playing time and speed the develop of one of our prospect

2 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I find it funny when people are saying don't trade Tanev if we can get fair value.

the definition of fair value is whatever the market is willing to pay, not what Canucks fan say it is.

if there is no trade pretty much confirms Tanev is not valued as much as what people here thinks

unfortunately we will keep him and in 2 years when we start to be just a little competitive Tanev will be on the decline and not worth anything

i say trade him for best offer whatever it is.  It will open up playing time and speed the develop of one of our prospect

JB said he's not shopping .Tanev.  

On 6/4/2017 at 2:20 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hopefully some team offers JB an offer he can't refuse. Good to see he's listening. I bet Dallas and Edmonton have offers.

This is fantastic, if JB can weasel out more value out of Tanev this way then we'll have a real rebuild on our hands. The return he got for Burrows and Hansen was fantastic, lets see if he keeps that trend going.

kk tanev is a really good player for the canucks.... why are canuck fans so eager to get rid of players. especially ones that mean something to the canucks. I am a burrows and tanev fan and still will be...

Archived