The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

5 hours ago, Lulover88 said:

totally agree .   But he shouldn't kill a deal because he thinks that they wont be as competitive this year ..  

its a rebuild ..

we may have to take a step backwards in order  to move ahead .. 

this has been my thought too.

i don't think i'd be happy if Benning traded the 5th and Tanev for the 3rd...but if it were the 5th and Tanev to get Hischier or Patrick at 1 or 2...an even rockier road towards filling out our top line would worth it in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, combover said:

Not trading tanev before his ntc kicks in at this point in the REBUILD is nothing short of stupid. Only a the worst gm in the league would think it's beneficial to the future in the club. 

So if the value isn't there just give him away for nothing for the sake of making a trade. Caman... I like Tanev, if Benning can't get a haul for him I want him to stay with the Canucks and help the young kids.

6 hours ago, Agoork said:

LA is buying out Matt Greene (RHD).   Making space for Tanev?  

Tanev for #11 overall and Paul Ladue would tick all the boxes.

I'd be open to this.  Could we not entice them further by taking on Gaborik's bad contract too?  From the sounds of it, they are trying to unload his contract.

Tanev for 11th, prospect (Paul Ladue or other) and Gaborik

Trades aren't as easy as some fans like to make them out to be. If they were that easy, more would happen. Fans get all pissed off because Benning isn't making a trade but if he doesn't get full value or more on a trade the same fans $&!# all over him. Frustrating fan base.

I hope the canucks can flip tanev for honka and 29 overall. then I hope st. louis trades up (as they're reported to be interested in doing) by sending 20 oa and 27 oa to vegas for 13 oa. then I hope the canucks trade down, sending 5 oa, 29 oa and 55 oa to vegas for 6 oa and 15 oa.

6 hours ago, goblix said:

is bogosian negative value at this point? 26 3x5.1m and been pretty bad in his buffalo tenure.

so maybe 8th + bogo for tanev makes sense? We get a 3 year reclamation project that will fill in minutes and buffalo gets an actual steady dman to appease eichel.

that 8th pick could either be Petterson or Suzuki likely. Maybe one of the defenders drop down there but unlikely

This... draft glass and liljegrin

11 minutes ago, sampy said:

So if the value isn't there just give him away for nothing for the sake of making a trade. Caman... I like Tanev, if Benning can't get a haul for him I want him to stay with the Canucks and help the young kids.

So his value can depreciate and he can give a list of teams that pay next to nothing for him next season or later this year.

Now benning saying he might trade the 5th pick and move down in the draft. Can't wait for him benning be standing in the unemployment line next summer.vancouver is  A terrible version of Kevin Lowe as gm and Kevin Lowe was awful. 

22 minutes ago, combover said:

Not trading tanev before his ntc kicks in at this point in the REBUILD is nothing short of stupid. Only a the worst gm in the league would think it's beneficial to the future in the club. 

His NTC isn't really part of the equation.  It is really limited, so could easily be worked around.

A year with a couple injuries where he only plays 50-60 games is a much bigger worry. Teams would rightly be worried about the miles on him and his durability.  

The worrying part is the statements that Benning made about just needing to replace Tanev with a good defenceman if they traded him.  

We don't need to get a good defenceman back.  We need to get a warm body that can play 3rd pairing minutes.  That can be had cheap and still give veteran steadiness (Franson for example).

There appears to be no desire to take risks and risks are needed to hope to improve.  It will just lead us to losing, but not as badly.

Who cares if we lose 5-2 vs. 2-1? Taking risks means some nights you will win 5-4 and the games might actually be watchable.

22 minutes ago, combover said:

His no trade clause only allows him to refuse to be moved to 8 teams.

It's pretty much a non factor.

Can see it now.  No Tanev trade.

People justify it as an ok thing because we didn't get enough value, no good deals, steadying presence on the blue line etc and can trade him at the TDL.

Next February, Tanev breaks his leg going in to the corner and is out for the season.  NO trade to be had.

Benning lambasted for "not pulling the trigger" by those who supported him not trading him early

#Canuckluck 

27 minutes ago, combover said:

oh god... this has all the signs of becoming the Great Hamhuis Debate 2.0.

What if there are no takers? 

19 minutes ago, DKSmash said:

I'd be open to this.  Could we not entice them further by taking on Gaborik's bad contract too?  From the sounds of it, they are trying to unload his contract.

Tanev for 11th, prospect (Paul Ladue or other) and Gaborik

I heard he bought a house in Vancouver..... ::D

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

People justify it as an ok thing because we didn't get enough value, no good deals, steadying presence on the blue line etc and can trade him at the TDL.

Next February, Tanev breaks his leg going in to the corner and is out for the season.  NO trade to be had.

Benning lambasted for "not pulling the trigger" by those who supported him not trading him early

#Canuckluck 

Soooooo trade him for scraps then?

20 minutes ago, sampy said:

Trades aren't as easy as some fans like to make them out to be. If they were that easy, more would happen. Fans get all pissed off because Benning isn't making a trade but if he doesn't get full value or more on a trade the same fans $&!# all over him. Frustrating fan base.

This, Plus 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

#Canuckluck 

Managing assets has it's risk.  It's his job to get the highest return on them.

I think JB has an offer in his back pocket.  If one of the players he's high on happens to fall to a position that a team is offering than I can see him pulling the trigger.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Soooooo trade him for scraps then?

Now that would be stupid.

Because no matter who how or what JB does with Tanev, it will be the wrong move to this fanbase.  Scraps will be all he gets to some, the wrong scraps to others and not enough to the rest :)

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Managing assets has it's risk.  It's his job to get the highest return on them.

I think JB has an offer in his back pocket.  If one of the players he's high on happens to fall to a position that a team is offering than I can see him pulling the trigger.

Could be... he pretty much said everything yesterday over several interviews... no deal, deal at the right price, maybe drop down, etc. He may just be getting better at BS.

Archived