The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, what does a number of GM's know about Vilardi, that many people on this board, apparently don't....

Something Benning has known for quite some time given he hasnt really shown any interest in Vilardi in the weeks leading up yo the draft.

now it would follow that Benning just might know a little bit about scouting.

Happy with our pick.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

I usually defend benning, i cheer hard for guys like Jake to turn it around, I think Juolevi will be a stable  and positive contributor on the blue line for years, but when all scouting agencies rank multiple players ahead of Jim's pick, people shouldnt be chastised for wondering WTF.

Because Jim I'd the best at drafting and luckily others don't rank players like Jim does. JB didn't think there was a chance Boeser would fall to us. Luckily he did

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

This thread reminds me of the draft thread when Horvat was picked over Nichushkin.  

Good times.  Everyone thought they knew everything and that the sky was falling.

Now those same people are rocking #53 jerseys.

I'm rocking the #53 Jersey and thought he was the right pick then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanuckGAME said:

This thread reminds me of the draft thread when Horvat was picked over Nichushkin.  

Good times.  Everyone thought they knew everything and that the sky was falling.

Now those same people are rocking #53 jerseys.

Yes but Horvat was a 9th overall not a top 5 pick. The anger is stemming from the fact we could've gotten EP 5 picks down the line and acquired something in a trade.